+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent! single entry visa

frono

Nov 29, 2012
Hello,

I also sent my application with passport to the New york embassy. ;D The date I applied for was for thanksgiving break, but I did not get it on time- I am still waiting for my documents to come. It is just really worrying that they can just have a hold of your legal documents and do not tell you if they have sent them, or if they are processing them, they do not even let you call. I really want to Canada to visit my fiancee, but it is just really ridiculous the way they handle applications. They should at least offer some type of assistance so that the applicant is not guessing or getting their hopes up about traveling.

Having said all this, I am planning to go in person to the NY embassy. Any suggestions? Do you think they would assist me? Or would they just tell me "go home, we are too busy here." Should I try applying to the Detroit one? Would that one be better or worse?

Your comments will be appreciated. :)

Frono

yuexin

Dec 4, 2012
frono said:
Hello,

I also sent my application with passport to the New york embassy. ;D The date I applied for was for thanksgiving break, but I did not get it on time- I am still waiting for my documents to come. It is just really worrying that they can just have a hold of your legal documents and do not tell you if they have sent them, or if they are processing them, they do not even let you call. I really want to Canada to visit my fiancee, but it is just really ridiculous the way they handle applications. They should at least offer some type of assistance so that the applicant is not guessing or getting their hopes up about traveling.

Having said all this, I am planning to go in person to the NY embassy. Any suggestions? Do you think they would assist me? Or would they just tell me "go home, we are too busy here." Should I try applying to the Detroit one? Would that one be better or worse?

Your comments will be appreciated. :)

Frono

Hi Frono,

I have the same situation as you. My application was received on Oct. 15th but i still have not any form of reply till today. I planed to go to Canada during Thanksgiving week but it seems that I even cannot travel to Canada during my winter break. Did you go to NY in personal? When did you mail your application?

Yuexin

balaji240

Dec 4, 2012
i dont know what to say , cause i have done the same thing applying from bermuda on oct 11th, so for nothing, as u said those lazy people need to have some kind of customer care, there is a num online , which i tried, its really worst than the canadian immigration, it took 1hr to talk to some one, and he answered me like a comuturised message, he was saying he dont have any info abt visa, then why the heck they have that num online to contact, iam worried if i can get my passport back, atleast u r in states, u can travel n check, which i cant do that in my case, all the best.

frono

Nov 29, 2012
yes, I just do not what to do. My fiancee and I are going to to wait till next week and if I dont have my docs by then I will try going to the embassy in new york. I just do not know if that is going to do anything at this poing, because I am afraid that I will travel to NYC in two weeks from now and they tell me they have alreay sent my docs on the mail - itd be a waist of time.

cbetancourt83

Dec 6, 2012
I did the same on Oct 24th for thanks giving. Still Waiting, I'm planning to visit NYC consulate to get my passport back next week, because I need to go back to my country for christmas :(

yiwei

Nov 16, 2012
Hi all,
I have almost the same situation.
I mailed my visitor visa application on Oct. 22 to NYC. And no info yet.

I want to ask one question:
If I go to NYC next week and tell get back all my documents, then apply in person application, will that help? Because my flight is on Dec. 18, I am worried that maybe my travel plan will be changed.

Thank you all

frono

Nov 29, 2012
I got my documents and with a visa stamp on it!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gloria a Dios