+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Sending in expired document(s)???

Kemal120619

Apr 2, 2021
Hi i'm new to the forum and i have an urgent question which has left me extremely anxious.

I moved to Canada to live with my wife and we are sending out the application this week, however i noticed something that shook me;

I was born and raised in The Netherlands but i have Turkish citizenship aswell, even though i have never lived in Turkey.
I have all my papers for The Netherlands, everything is complete. I also have all the papers i need for Turkey.

For Turkey i got the ''Family registration document'' however i just noticed that it was only valid for 6 months after being printed and translated and i received this paper in march of 2020. Will this really cause any issues for me? I also did not register my marriage in Turkey since i don't live there and it's a bunch of work to register it at the embassy since it can be slow.

Will this cause issues for me? I can't go back to get those papers, there is no way. I am just really stressed right now, if they ask me why i sent the expired documents for Turkey and i give them a detailed explenation, will they just say it's okay? At the end it's only a form that shows my name etc. From the Turkish register.

Thanks alot and kind regards

kwu

Aug 31, 2020
We sent our application in August 2020, my “national ID” from my home country (which is expired) was a part of the required documents. We sent in an expired copy with a letter of explanation (Have not been back to my home country to renew since document expired and not able to travel due to covid). My application did not get sent back. I also have not registered marriage in my home country and the documents from my document showed “never married”. But i attached our marriage certificate as we got married in Canada. Hope that helps!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi i'm new to the forum and i have an urgent question which has left me extremely anxious.

I moved to Canada to live with my wife and we are sending out the application this week, however i noticed something that shook me;

I was born and raised in The Netherlands but i have Turkish citizenship aswell, even though i have never lived in Turkey.
I have all my papers for The Netherlands, everything is complete. I also have all the papers i need for Turkey.

For Turkey i got the ''Family registration document'' however i just noticed that it was only valid for 6 months after being printed and translated and i received this paper in march of 2020. Will this really cause any issues for me? I also did not register my marriage in Turkey since i don't live there and it's a bunch of work to register it at the embassy since it can be slow.

Will this cause issues for me? I can't go back to get those papers, there is no way. I am just really stressed right now, if they ask me why i sent the expired documents for Turkey and i give them a detailed explenation, will they just say it's okay? At the end it's only a form that shows my name etc. From the Turkish register.

Thanks alot and kind regards
Don't think you have anything to worry about. Include a letter of explanation that this is most recent you have.

Kemal120619

Apr 2, 2021
We sent our application in August 2020, my “national ID” from my home country (which is expired) was a part of the required documents. We sent in an expired copy with a letter of explanation (Have not been back to my home country to renew since document expired and not able to travel due to covid). My application did not get sent back. I also have not registered marriage in my home country and the documents from my document showed “never married”. But i attached our marriage certificate as we got married in Canada. Hope that helps!
Thanks alot! I appreciate it alot, so i don't need to worry about sending in anything expired?

kwu

Aug 31, 2020
Thanks alot! I appreciate it alot, so i don't need to worry about sending in anything expired?
I dont think you need to worry as long as you send an letter of explanation. Since covid some documents are hard to get anyways. We just got AOR today which means if they need extra documents they won’t send our application back. They will just request via email.