+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Seeking Advice on Spouse Work Permit Extension Issue

DHAMU1308

Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone,

Requesting your urgent assistance regarding this issue.

Recently, my wife applied for a PGWP along with our two children (one with a Study visa and the other with a Visitor visa), and myself for a Spouse Work Permit Extension. While my wife and kids' applications were approved, unfortunately, mine was refused due to my wife not having a job at the time of assessment. However, she has since secured a job offer and is awaiting her first paycheck.

My question is whether it's advisable to submit a webform to IRCC explaining the changed circumstances and seeking approval for my application on compassionate grounds, or if I should wait until my wife has received three paychecks before reapplying?

I would greatly appreciate your insights on this matter. Thank you for your assistance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

Requesting your urgent assistance regarding this issue.

Recently, my wife applied for a PGWP along with our two children (one with a Study visa and the other with a Visitor visa), and myself for a Spouse Work Permit Extension. While my wife and kids' applications were approved, unfortunately, mine was refused due to my wife not having a job at the time of assessment. However, she has since secured a job offer and is awaiting her first paycheck.

My question is whether it's advisable to submit a webform to IRCC explaining the changed circumstances and seeking approval for my application on compassionate grounds, or if I should wait until my wife has received three paychecks before reapplying?

I would greatly appreciate your insights on this matter. Thank you for your assistance.
Reapply with one paycheck.

Reactions: DHAMU1308

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You are now out of status so you must restore status to worker and reapply for SOWP. You cannot work until work permit is approved. You can apply with one paycheque but check the rules as it used to be 3 paychaque.