+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent!!! Restoration and Study Permit Application Refused

dannyking149

Jul 11, 2014
I really need your help with my current situation.

Before the expiration of my study permit, I applied online for a renewal around march 11th. During the application, I was told to provide an original letter of acceptance which I provided. On May 15th, I got a new message saying that my study permit had been refused because I had not provided an original letter of acceptance. I was confused by this, and called cic and was told the letter of acceptance I sent was never received. However, it was clearly shown that the letter online was submitted to cic. In the refusal letter, I was told that my temporary residence status expired on May 15th 2014 and I had 90 day to apply for restoration. I applied for restoration on june 27th explaining the circumstances that led to my refusal and provided every document possible to back up my claim. On july 10th, I was shocked when my application for restoration was refused. the reason they gave was this: " you are a person in canada without temporary residence status who is not eligible for restoration under section 182 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulation." I was really confused by this as I wasn't sure what this was based on. I am still a student at the university of manitoba but I haven't worked or taken any classes since I lost status.

Please let me know what my current options are. I could re-apply gain for restoration but I wouldn't want to spend another $350 only to get refused for reasons I don't understand. Thank you so much for reading this.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to return home and apply for a new study permit from your home country.

tultull

Jul 9, 2014
I understand the time you are going through. I have the similar case, been living in canada over 6 years and 2 semesters away from graduation got refused twice and now leaving to my country and planning to re-apply. I was refused first time for failing to provide a letter stating (Full/part time, letter from unviestity showing when i will be graduating) and i have gathered all information and all papers and resubmitted with 90 days. And on july 2, they refused me because i was taking online courses from Toronto (a student of Memorial Univeristy ) and distance learning is not an activity to require you to stay in Canada. I was shocked and heart broken,, thinking of going for judicial review but this is gonna cost me per hour base 200 dollar and on average a review might take 30-40 hours. I don't have money to afford that and leaving this country and hoping i could come back.

Garfieldyo

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
dannyking, reapply immediately from within canada to restore your status. Include everything including letter of acceptance and a letter explaining your rejection.

tultull

Jul 9, 2014
I have a question to ask " my Refusal letter was given on July 2, and i am out of status ( expired on March 25, 2014), How long do i have before a deportation order issued? I am planning to leave on 27th of July ( the latest date i could get a ticket for ).. What do i have to do while leaving? and who do i go and tell that i am leaving voluntarily.. Please advise.

Garfieldyo

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
According to new rules the university has to inform CIC about your academic status periodically. If you haven't been IN status then once your university informs them they will start looking for you. When they find you - they will detain you. Talk to the CIC call center or someone who can tell you what your options are like a lawyer or someone. Go to the international office of your university and also discuss with them.

dannyking149

Jul 11, 2014
thanks for all your help guys. I was told by my university to hire a consultant as they found it absolutely ridiculous that cic would do such a thing. The reason for the first denial was a mistake from their end and now this one there was no reason explaining the refusal. I mean just the section 182 stuff, and I don't believe I've broken any rules and I'm still a full time student. I would gladly go back to my country if they gave me any reason for my refusal but this is something I won't stand for. Another thing that seemed weird is that I was told restoration could take a while, maybe a month if you are lucky, but this took less than 15 days. Makes me feel like they didn't even go through my application.

tultull

Jul 9, 2014
I thought i have 30 days after the 2nd refusal to leave Voluntarily , although they don't mention anything in the refusal letter but " You are out of status and advised to leave ASAP or else legal action will be taken" i will give a call to CIC today and talk to them.

tultull

Jul 9, 2014
i am planning to go back home and re-apply? is there any special condition? do i have to get some type of documents that u could suggest would make re-applying process easy? Please help

Reactions: Mccindy100