+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT reply needed: Passport Request to Detroit

TORONTO18

Jun 6, 2012
URGENT:

Hi All,

I got a passport submission request and I am planning to send it by mail.
According to the link sent to me it is said that the Consulate will return documents to addresses in Canada via U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail (Regular Mail) for which no tracking system is available.
Has anyone gone ahead and sent a self addressed return envelope of a commercial courier along with the passport?

All your help is much appreciated.

oreidapennsyltucky

Star Member
May 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 13, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov. 23, 2011
Med's Done....
June 14, 2011
Passport Req..
May 1, 2012
The letter I received from Buffalo said that I could send copies of my passport pages. If that is also the case for you, regardless of what method you use to send your documents, I would recommend that you do not send your actual passport. Myself and at least a few other people have gotten the run-around about the whereabouts of our passports now that we have submitted them, which is a headache worth avoiding.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oreidapennsyltucky said:
The letter I received from Buffalo said that I could send copies of my passport pages. If that is also the case for you, regardless of what method you use to send your documents, I would recommend that you do not send your actual passport. Myself and at least a few other people have gotten the run-around about the whereabouts of our passports now that we have submitted them, which is a headache worth avoiding.
Sending copies of passports is an option only available to people from non-visa exempt countries.