+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Renouncing PR. Confusion Over IRCC Digital Photo Upload

Frizzyfranc

Nov 12, 2016
Hello all,

I am in the process of voluntarily renouncing my expired PR in order to get an ETA for my visit in two weeks. Below is the message I've received through the IRCC portal about uploading photos:

"Please refer to IMM5783 : Two (2) photographs that meet the photo
specifications ( name and date of birth of each applicant must be printed clearly on the
back of one (1) photo). This must be received at this office by: 2016/11/21

You must submit this electronically through this secure online account within 10 days. Email or
regular mail is not an option."

My question is, how can I "print" my details on the "back" of a digital photo? Am I supposed to scan and upload both sides of a physical photo? I don't want to get this wrong and risk further delaying my application.

Cheers.

at46933

Nov 10, 2016
I was in the same situation, renouncing PR in order to get eTA. I uploaded the scanned renouncing form Nd a photo as requested on the photo area on the form three days ago and received an eTA approval email last night. Just FYI and hope you're able to resolve the complications on your end soon. Essentially it was a lot faster than expected as I was told renouncing through usual visa consulate can take up to 4 weeks. Good luck

Monet44

Jun 27, 2017
i am trying to do the same thing uploading the photos - how on earth do you do it - my brain is mush trying to find out

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
i am trying to do the same thing uploading the photos - how on earth do you do it - my brain is mush trying to find out
It is likely all the person did was to place the photo in the position on the form, scan the form then upload the scanned copy plus a copy of their passport bio page to confirm the photo scanned on the form is in fact them. Only the front of the photo scanned not the back given writing on the back applies to paper applications in case the photo becomes detached.

With a renounce CIC really just want to make sure the applicant is the person they say they are so the passport BIO page confirms this matched to the scanned photo on the application.