+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Renewal of PR Card ("Decision made" since May)

Larting You

Jul 11, 2018
I applied in May for an URGENT processing to renew a PR Card. Within a week, I received an email confirmation that it was being processed (pretty quick, or so I thought!).

Since then until now, the STATUS has said "Decision made", but when I click on the status, the text says that they're still processing my application:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May x, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May x, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on May x, 2018.
Does anyone know how long an URGENT renewal of a PR Card should take? "Decision Made" status seems I should have received info about it within 4 weeks. At least according to the table on their site, DECISION MADE means:
Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. You will be informed of the decision.

If your application is approved, you will be notified by mail within four weeks and invited to pick up your card at the CIC office closest to you.

If your application is rejected, you will be notified of the decision by mail.

I need the card to make a visa application for France. It's frustrating because France won't accept an application with an expired Canadian PR card.

kjneo

Jan 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2011
AOR Received.
letter received 13-06-2011
File Transfer...
19-04-2011
Passport Req..
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
soon..
Hello.. What is the reason for your urgent processing? Did you received your PR card already?

Larting You

Jul 11, 2018
Hello.. What is the reason for your urgent processing? Did you received your PR card already?
I have a work opportunity for 9 months in France. It requires a visa, but I can't apply until I have my PR card that's up to date. I supplied the letter from my employer as well as the firm that's accepting me temporarily abroad. Urgency normally requires plane tickets, but I can't legitimately buy them without the visa. Still didn't get my card.