+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Regarding PGWP.

Mythman

Oct 8, 2016
Hi guys,

So I applied for pgwp like 2 weeks ago, and was just checking this forum when I read somebody having forgotten to attach a copy of payment receipt. So I did everything online, and recieved a confirmation that I've successfully paid the fees. But I don't recall attaching the receipt to the application T_T then I googled the application guide and somewhere it says to attach the document checklist as well with the application. I didn't do that either.
I'm really concerned right now. The document-upload checklist didn't mention a copy of the receipt or document checklist. Please give me some advice on what to do. Thanks.

Mythman

Oct 8, 2016
Update : in the confirmation of application transmission message that I got after sending the application, I can see that in there it tells the receipt number. And when I click on it opens a pdf showing the 255 dollars received by cic. I'm kind of confused right now. Do I still have to send the receipt to them?

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you did the application online and also paid online you don't need to send a receipt I think. If you are feeling unsettled you may send in one.

Mythman said:
Update : in the confirmation of application transmission message that I got after sending the application, I can see that in there it tells the receipt number. And when I click on it opens a pdf showing the 255 dollars received by cic. I'm kind of confused right now. Do I still have to send the receipt to them?

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Mythman said:
Hi guys,

So I applied for pgwp like 2 weeks ago, and was just checking this forum when I read somebody having forgotten to attach a copy of payment receipt. So I did everything online, and recieved a confirmation that I've successfully paid the fees. But I don't recall attaching the receipt to the application T_T then I googled the application guide and somewhere it says to attach the document checklist as well with the application. I didn't do that either.
I'm really concerned right now. The document-upload checklist didn't mention a copy of the receipt or document checklist. Please give me some advice on what to do. Thanks.

You are supposed to submit a payment receipt with paper application, not online.

scil19

Oct 6, 2016
J5M said:
Hi,

You are supposed to submit a payment receipt with paper application, not online.
how about the document check list. is it needed to attached on online application?

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

scil19 said:
how about the document check list. is it needed to attached on online application?

When applying to the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program, you must pay the “Open Work Permit Holder” fee and the standard Work Permit fee. Both fees are payable in Canadian funds only. You must pay your fees online when prompted as you apply. If you are not prompted to pay one of the fees, you must pay manually.

Pay your fees online

You will be prompted to pay all your fees automatically during the application process. To pay your fees online, you must have a:

PDF Reader;
printer;
valid email address; and
Visa®, MasterCard® or American Express® credit card.
Pay manually using the Online Payment System

You can use the Online Payment System to generate a receipt manually only if you are not prompted to pay the “Open work permit holder” fee during the online application process:

Go to the Online Payment System and accept the terms.
Select the “Immigration” category.
Select “Temporary Residence” for a list of fee options.
Select the “Open Work Permit Holder” fee.
Follow the instructions to complete your payment. Save a copy of your receipt to your computer.
Attach your receipt using the “Letter of Explanation” option in the document checklist of your online application.
You may then proceed with your application normally.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-how.asp

Mythman

Oct 8, 2016
J5M said:
Hi,

Oh thank you so much. So they charged 255 which covers both fees meaning I should be fine. And just to confirm, I don't think I need to attach a checklist right? Because when you upload your documents step by step you're essentially following the document checklist. I think I got it right, have I not?

Thanks again.

seikokimura

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Thanks for this, I also forgot to submit the receipt and was completely unaware that we were supposed to. I just submitted it through a web form, just google "CIC web form" and follow the steps.
I've done this. (attaching the receipt to my web form enquiry), however I got a message later that it's not possible to attach any document trough that. I'm gonna apply again with paper-based application.

seikokimura

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Thanks for this, I also forgot to submit the receipt and was completely unaware that we were supposed to. I just submitted it through a web form, just google "CIC web form" and follow the steps.
One question: When you submitted through Webform, could you see after that the receipt was included in your application (when you click to 'review your application)? Thanks for the reply, by the way!