+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Refugee naturalized. Home country visits

amazigh-agnostic

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Hello everyone actually i applied for asylum several years ago . Got pr and last year i had received my citizenship thankfully. Recently some of my encounters fell sick and i feel like going there and spending some time with especially that i feel so bad too after an injury and could take care of each other ´. My case is genuine .
would it be okay to visit my homeland after 8 years although i never returned since i applied for refugee because i had no reason to .
I am only wondering is that could cause an issue . I’ve been reading through the forum and noticed some people were pulled aside at airports.
especially that i would like to stay for s couple of months since it’s been awhile.
Any leads and inputs will be appreciated
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone actually i applied for asylum several years ago . Got pr and last year i had received my citizenship thankfully. Recently some of my encounters fell sick and i feel like going there and spending some time with especially that i feel so bad too after an injury and could take care of each other ´. My case is genuine .
would it be okay to visit my homeland after 8 years although i never returned since i applied for refugee because i had no reason to .
I am only wondering is that could cause an issue . I’ve been reading through the forum and noticed some people were pulled aside at airports.
especially that i would like to stay for s couple of months since it’s been awhile.
Thanks
You're fine to return since you have Canadian citizenship.

Reactions: amazigh-agnostic

amazigh-agnostic

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Just make sure that you are safe to return. Your Canadian citizenship may not give you protection if anything happens quickly.
Thank you so much mr/ miss. You are awesome for letting me know
Just make sure that you are safe to return. Your Canadian citizenship may not give you protection if anything happens quickly.
You are very right . I am considering going to the nearest police station to inform them of the date of my departure and the risks associated to my case that made me quit my country in the past in case something bad happens . Hopefully the canadian embassy would intervene

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks
If you are receiving any form of payments because of your injury you may not be able to leave Canada without losing financial support.

Reactions: amazigh-agnostic