AOR Received.
01-04-2014
Med's Done....
09-02-2014
Passport Req..
11-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2014
Hey guys, i just want to say, that i re-entered Canada peacefully with my COPR only, without PR Card nor Travel Document. I had one stop in Amsterdam and noone asked me any questions. When i entered Canada (in Vancouver), officer asked me about my PR Card but i said its still in process. Then he just asked me of my way of immigration (family sponsorship) and thats kinda all.
I was still trying to get Travel Document, just in case, but now i regret it, coz i wasted money. I was short on time.. embassy approved my application, but then requested passport. I sent them scans of every page, same thing they wanted for PR application. Later they emailed me to provide them passport in person :mad: That really annoyed me and i gave up.. Didnt have time to go to capital anymore. It was enough to provide scan of passport for PR application and need original passport for Travel Document? Ridiculous ;P

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
meiko3886 said:
Hey guys, i just want to say, that i re-entered Canada peacefully with my COPR only, without PR Card nor Travel Document. I had one stop in Amsterdam and noone asked me any questions. When i entered Canada (in Vancouver), officer asked me about my PR Card but i said its still in process. Then he just asked me of my way of immigration (family sponsorship) and thats kinda all.
I was still trying to get Travel Document, just in case, but now i regret it, coz i wasted money. I was short on time.. embassy approved my application, but then requested passport. I sent them scans of every page, same thing they wanted for PR application. Later they emailed me to provide them passport in person :mad: That really annoyed me and i gave up.. Didnt have time to go to capital anymore. It was enough to provide scan of passport for PR application and need original passport for Travel Document? Ridiculous ;P
Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound :). This topic just goes to show how we are so often at the mercy of the individual's knowledge (or lack thereof) and/or mood. Similar experiences with CIC call center - different person generally means a different answer!

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013 (lived in Canada since 2012 though)
truesmile said:
On our last re-entry into Canada, my wife's passport was not good enough. Quote from CBSA, "all this tells me is you're illegal in Canada", and only upon producing her PR card was she allowed re-entry.
Provided your quote is accurate that's complete nonsense. You don't cease to become a PR or become "illegal" simply because you don't have a PR card on you at that moment. In addition if you are a valid PR (which is easy enough for them to verify) then the CBSA can't deny you entry.

Had this officer not allowed entry to a valid PR they'd have probably got a grilling from above.