+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent,,questions on sponsoring parents

nymorales03

Jun 17, 2011
Hi everyone,

This forum has been so helpful to me in the past, this time I have a time emergency to file the application to sponsor my parents within 2 weeks so I need so help, with these questions pls:

I will file the minimum income required (34,020 for both parents with no dependants, for BC) but to do so I will have to:

1. demonstrate this gross income from august 2010 to august 2011,,,,for that I will attach paystubs from my current employer plus paystubs from background work (on call work) and interest income from a fixed income investment in an account in Mexico.

...When I file on September, I will not be currently working as I am going back to school (and I dont think my current employer would give me a letter since they are upset with me leaving suddenly) so, on my application I would have to state currently unemployed and explain because I am going back to school.

2. Also, my interest income is from a bank account in Mexico so its pesos and I would have to check the exchange rate but I am not sure if this is applicable since it is not from a bank inside Canada.

3. I barely make the minimum, I would be able to demonstrate about 34, 070 so its barely,,,,

...so with the above information , would I have a good chance of getting approved on my application??? I am so nervous since it takes 4 years and I cant have it declined, but I cant stay at my current job much longer thanks so much eveyone, judy

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think you have two problems...

If you state that you are currently unemployed and back in school, I don't think your application will be approved. You must meet the LICO minimums when you submit the application and continue to meet these income minimums while the application is being processed. Note that CIC can at any point in the application process ask you to provide new evidence to prove that you still meet LICO requirements.

If you want to include interest income, it must come from Canadian sources. So the interest from your account in Mexico cannot be used to meet the LICO minimum.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you transfer your principal in Mexico to a bank in Canada? That way, you can earn Interest income in Canadian sources.

nymorales03

Jun 17, 2011
thank you for your answers,,,

however I am confused because I called 3 times today to CIC immigration call center to ask if it was ok if i was unemployed at the time of the application and they said it was ok as long as i could prove the minimum income in the last 12 months...

and I asked about the interest from the bank and they said just check the Bank of Canada exchange rate on the day of your application,,,

so, then i dont understand if maybe they have the wrong information or are not very trained at the call center,,,,

on the application there is an option to mark if i am unemployed and then explain how i expect to support myself so i was thinking of attaching my savings and bank accounts,,,,

what should I do???

am desperate i want to bring my parents but they want to fire me at work so i have to go back to school in order not to have my career ruined just because a higher level person doesnt like me,,,any suggestions???? tks so much, judy

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It is OK to be unemployed, but you still have to meet the income requirements. You have to meet the income requirements for every year it will take to process the application. So if the income from investments and parttime jobs is sufficient, great. But if you think during the next year your income will not be enough to meet LICO, you should not bother applying now, since your application will be refused. Wait until you can meet the LICO requirements and anticipate being able to continue meeting them.

nymorales03

Jun 17, 2011
....I was planning on proving the minimum income with paystubs from my full time job and my on call job for the last 12 months,,,I checked and I could barely make it,,just above 30 dollars.

BUT

after applying I was planning on going back to school for about 7 months to get a certificate and then to be able to land a better job with hopefully more income, but then, I wouldnt be able to meet LYCO probably for that year since part of that year was for studying,,,,would there be a problem with this??

also, I thought I could apply and then go back to Mexico for a while, in the meantime the application is on process since it takes 4 years just to get started to process,,,,do I definetly have to be meeting LYCO every year during those 4 years???

Isnt it at the moment of applying and then maybe on the 4th year when they want to follow up on the current year if you are meeting LYCO??

tks so much

judy

nymorales03

Jun 17, 2011
nymorales03 said:
....I was planning on proving the minimum income with paystubs from my full time job and my on call job for the last 12 months,,,I checked and I could barely make it,,just above 30 dollars.

BUT

after applying I was planning on going back to school for about 7 months to get a certificate and then to be able to land a better job with hopefully more income, but then, I wouldnt be able to meet LYCO probably for that year since part of that year was for studying,,,,would there be a problem with this??

also, I thought I could apply and then go back to Mexico for a while, in the meantime the application is on process since it takes 4 years just to get started to process,,,,do I definetly have to be meeting LYCO every year during those 4 years???

Isnt it at the moment of applying and then maybe on the 4th year when they want to follow up on the current year if you are meeting LYCO??

tks so much

judy
[flash=200,200][/flash]

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'll answer one of your questions.

You can't move to Mexico while your parents' sponsorship application is being processed. You must be living in Canada for the entire time while the application is being processed. If CIC determines you have left Canada and are living elsewhere - the application will be denied.

So moving to Mexico can't be part of your plan.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
You must meet the LICO EVERY year from the date of the application until the processing is complete. It is not OK to meet it one year and not another, no.

And, as scylla said, you can't be residing anywhere except in Canada for this type of sponsorship.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
nymorales03 said:
Yes. You have to meet the LICO requirements every year during processing, so don't submit your application now. Wait until you have graduated and have gotten that better job.

nymorales03

Jun 17, 2011
...I have some further questions, I need ur help please:

I phoned CIC about having to meet LYCO during the 4 years the application is in process but they told me I had to meet it only on the 12 months I am being evaluated at the time of applying and that only if anything changed with my life I would have to let them know.

For example, if I change jobs, have a baby, get married, etc...

I told him next year I might not meet LYCO because I would be studying half of the year but he said I would have to send a letter letting them know I changed jobs and that I would be assessed until the 4th year to see if I meet LYCO then.

But if I get married or have a baby, then LYCO is revaluated at that moment because the number of family members would change and the income required would be more.

Therefore, what I understood was that I need to meet LYCO at the time of the application even if I barely meet it that its ok.
So then I can go to school next year for 6 months and work the rest of the year.

Later when I get married, my spouse would be a co-signer at that moment and therefore, I would exceed LYCO.

After 4 years when the application is ready to be assessed, they would ask me what I am doing and if meeting LYCO then and then, paperwork is sent to my country, they would then ask for paperwork from my parents and at this point, I am not being evaluated for LYCO anymore.

This is what I have understood after many calls to CIC, if anyone knows about this please let me know, as I would like to process this asap.

thank you so much,

judy

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nymorales03 said:
...I have some further questions, I need ur help please:

I phoned CIC about having to meet LYCO during the 4 years the application is in process but they told me I had to meet it only on the 12 months I am being evaluated at the time of applying and that only if anything changed with my life I would have to let them know.

For example, if I change jobs, have a baby, get married, etc...

I told him next year I might not meet LYCO because I would be studying half of the year but he said I would have to send a letter letting them know I changed jobs and that I would be assessed until the 4th year to see if I meet LYCO then.

But if I get married or have a baby, then LYCO is revaluated at that moment because the number of family members would change and the income required would be more.

Therefore, what I understood was that I need to meet LYCO at the time of the application even if I barely meet it that its ok.
So then I can go to school next year for 6 months and work the rest of the year.

Later when I get married, my spouse would be a co-signer at that moment and therefore, I would exceed LYCO.

After 4 years when the application is ready to be assessed, they would ask me what I am doing and if meeting LYCO then and then, paperwork is sent to my country, they would then ask for paperwork from my parents and at this point, I am not being evaluated for LYCO anymore.

This is what I have understood after many calls to CIC, if anyone knows about this please let me know, as I would like to process this asap.

thank you so much,

judy
I suggest that you CanIIL to see what the Appeal Division has said regarding Minimum Income. http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/index.html text search MNI

nymorales03

Jun 17, 2011
I have checked in many sources but there are all kinds of answers about meeting LYCO every year while the application is in process,,,,i find this very stressful as it is a long time to know what would happen...

in case an appeal was needed if they argue that one of the years LYCO was not met even though currently at the 4th year it would be,,,what is the process for the appeal?? does it take a long time to process too?? how long??? would there be too much risk if on one of the years i didnt meet the LYCO???

thank you

judy

nymorales03

Jun 17, 2011
Hello everyone,

I have a been checking this around, but I keep being confused about something, I hope someone can help me:

...I understand I have to meet LYCO when I apply, but what happens if between the 4 years it takes for the application to be assessed I get married and maybe even have a baby (its a loooong time),,,I know then the size of my household would increase from 3 to 4 or 5,,,,in this case, I know I must notify CIC and they would asses if I now meet LYCO for 4,,,,my question is:

because the application had already been sent,,,,is it possible to then at this time notify CIC and add the husband as a co-signer so that then the income exceeds LYCO??? and if so, If I was on maternity leave and not generating income, then his income would be enough to meet LYCO,,,,

someone at the call center told me it was not possible to add a co signer once you mail the application, then today someone told me it was a new policy that now it was ok,,,but I am not sure

These might be hypotetical situations but given that it is such a long time,,,,I need to know if this would work

also, the second year I mail the application, I might not be able to meet LYCO as I am going back to school but then if I add a co-signer I could,,,,(I am thinking because my bf exceeds LYCO and we are planning to get married soon), so I need to know if this way it could be possible to continue with the application process without having my application affected

any recommendations??? thank you so much,,,,,judy

sim85

Star Member
Sep 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys

i want to sponsor my parents too for a ""visitor visa"" next year....n i m married in canada but not earning right now...i m not sure if i ll be working when we ll sponsor my parents coz my husband wants me to work in a good company or not to work at all....my husband is working full time here in canada..so my question is : is it mandatory that i should be working too if i want to sponsor my parents or we can just show that my husband is working and he will take all the responsibility?..

my second question is to apply for my parents' PR Do i need to show that i m working or its ok if my husband be the co-signer..even my father in law here is working..can he be the second co -signer or only one co-signer is required..??

please help!!!