+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Question regarding work experience and travel history

warid

Aug 31, 2019
Dear All,
I am in the Post ITA phase and having some difficulty in filling the forms. I have 2 questions

1. Work Experience : I have 5 years of work experience (all under same NOC) in the same company. However during these 5 years I was promoted 3 times and my location also got changed 2 times. Should I add work experience according to
(a) Location (in this case I will have 1 location and multiple designations)
(b) Designation (in this case I will have 1 designation and multiple locations)
(c) Simply add a through and through 1 work experience in the Work History Tab and while uploading proofs explain change of locations/designations/promotion letters in the LOE.

2. Travel History: I was in an exchange semester in France for 3 months. During these 3 months I traveled to and fro from France whenever I got time. There are no stamps for most of the countries barring 2-3. How should I show these trips as I do not have exact travel dates.
(a) In the Travel History column (But this will result in overlapping of dates as I had rented apartment in France only.)
(b) Enter only 3 month visit to France and mention other short trips in LOE

Any help is much appreciated.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I guess you could divide it into designations, but unless your job title and duties and responsibilities changed significantly, it might just complicate matters. If it's relatively straightforward i think i would tend towards putting as just one employer and one work experience. It also depends on what they put on your work reference, if they subdivided it into designations or just put it as 1 work experience under 1 title for the most part.

The locations would be put in your address history.

Then you could explain you moved as part of your job for the same employer in the LOE.

The lack of stamps is a bit tricky, if you can't get exact dates, then put approximate ones, and explain it in the LOE.

Last edited:

warid

Aug 31, 2019
I guess you could divide it into designations, but unless your job title and duties and responsibilities changed significantly, it might just complicate matters. If it's relatively straightforward i think i would tend towards putting as just one employer and one work experience. It also depends on what they put on your work reference, if they subdivided it into designations or just put it as 1 work experience under 1 title for the most part.

The locations would be put in your address history.

Then you could explain you moved as part of your job for the same employer in the LOE.

The lack of stamps is a bit tricky, if you can't get exact dates, then put approximate ones, and explain it in the LOE.
Hi. Thanks for the reply. With your help Job Experience is sorted. For the stamps on passport, when on a schengen visa only time passport is stamped is while you enter and exit EU and not at the entry and exit of each member country.