+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent question regarding official transcripts envelope without university seal

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

My wife completed her BDS from Dr. NTR health university & sciences, Vijayawada. To get points for her education in Express Entry, I approched the university to get the transcripts And sent to WES for assessment. The university gave the transcripts signed and attested by the registrar in a closed official university envelope. But, it doesn't have a seal and sign from the university people on the closure of the envelope. The envelope is closed completely missing the two items. I asked them to have the sign and seal, but they told that they don't do it for anyone who is asking for the transcripts.

The requirements of the WES say that they accept the transcripts only in a official sealed and signed envelope. So, I am not sure weather I have to the transcripts to WES or not. Could anyone here let me know if there are any other universities does the same thing and whose transcripts are accepted by WES.

Thanks

handsyraj

May 7, 2014
I also came across the similar situation when sending application to ICAS of Canada. Its ok if you have only the transcripts inside the official university envelope but no sign and stamp. They no more stamp it as the envelope will be opened for checking its contents at some place in transit. The problem begins actually now - if you send out the courier you will have to attach an indentity proof as all International couriers requires that for authorization purpose so make sure you ask the university officials to do that for you and the From address should be from Registrar, University or any designated university official. If at any point WES finds that it was you who has couriered they will reject it outright. I have faced that also! But in case of ICAS.

Saurabhjain

Apr 18, 2015
chaitanyaprsd1 said:
Hello,

My wife completed her BDS from Dr. NTR health university & sciences, Vijayawada. To get points for her education in Express Entry, I approched the university to get the transcripts And sent to WES for assessment. The university gave the transcripts signed and attested by the registrar in a closed official university envelope. But, it doesn't have a seal and sign from the university people on the closure of the envelope. The envelope is closed completely missing the two items. I asked them to have the sign and seal, but they told that they don't do it for anyone who is asking for the transcripts.

The requirements of the WES say that they accept the transcripts only in a official sealed and signed envelope. So, I am not sure weather I have to the transcripts to WES or not. Could anyone here let me know if there are any other universities does the same thing and whose transcripts are accepted by WES.

Thanks
Yes .. You can send the same envelope to WES Canada .. I did the same way and they accepted and evaluated.. ECA done for me ..