+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent question regarding citizenship application

C24toC6

Jun 28, 2017
Hello Guys,

I am new to this forum. I will be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship in couple of days under C-24. I am trying to fill the application form. I need help with following questions.

6.a. When did you become permanent resident of Canada?
b. When did you first come to live in Canada if different from "A"?

I landed as permanent resident in Canada on May 18th, 2012 (never been to Canada before this date) and started working right away. Answer appears to be straight forward and it should be May 18th, 2012 for both questions, correct?

I looked thru COPR and noticed two different dates:
Original entry date : May 10th, 2012
Became PR on: May 18th, 2012

Can anybody throw light on what this original entry date is? Also, backside of my PR card says "PR since May 10th, 2012". I recently renewed my PR card without any issues and it shows the same date. Do you guys think it is erroneous? How should I go about it? Any input from knowledgeable members would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Siva8319

Aug 9, 2021
I am having incorrect Country of issue on COPR and I received PR card recently. Is it good idea to amend it or can do it while applying for citizenship? Any suggestions? Looks like you were on similar boat earlier like COPR having incorrect information and how you dealt with it while applying for citizenship?

Vishal1_12345

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
I am having incorrect Country of issue on COPR and I received PR card recently. Is it good idea to amend it or can do it while applying for citizenship? Any suggestions? Looks like you were on similar boat earlier like COPR having incorrect information and how you dealt with it while applying for citizenship?
Hi, did you find the answer as i am in the same boat and have incorrect citizenship printed on my first pr card.