+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent question referred unknown Citizen

rakim

Oct 1, 2013
Stranded against where to run due to recent killings in the North. Could anyone on here be of help???

rakim

Oct 1, 2013
I'm from the Northern part of Nigeria. a recent killings between religions and politics issue. are you in Nigeria?

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no, there is killings going on in Nigeria? when? how and why? cant everyone just get along? I havent heard anything in the news about it

rakim

Oct 1, 2013
Yes, so much going on right now in the northern part of the country. read from the news vanguardngr.com

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
havent heard anything in the BBC, MSNBC, CNN, Reuters, CBC, FOX, Al-Jazeera, its probably not that serious

rakim

Oct 1, 2013
is there anyway i can send u the link bcos am not allowed to post a link on here....

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I checked out the website already, its a Nigerian website with local Nigerian news run by Nigerians

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
rakim said:
Stranded against where to run due to recent killings in the North. Could anyone on here be of help???
If you are asking if you can qualify as a refugee to Canada, then I would recommend that you read the following in detail to understand the requirements:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/outside/index.asp

rakim

Oct 1, 2013
i seriously need help, the starting the point.................................the canadian embassy is not in nigera. were do i go from here?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
rakim said:
i seriously need help, the starting the point.................................the canadian embassy is not in nigera. were do i go from here?
I have already given you the starting point above.

Unless you are a Canadian citizen or Canadian permanent resident - a Canadian embassy can't / won't help you. If you want to come to Canada temporarily, then you would need to obtain a TRV (tourist visa). As part of this process, you'll have to prove that you have strong ties to your home country and have no plans on remaining long term. This will likely be very difficult for you to do and unfortunately your chances of being approved for a TRV are likely very low. More information about the application process here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/tourist.asp If you want to be considered as a refugee, then you first need to be recognized as one by UNHR or a similar organization. Please see the link I provided previously - it contains all of the information available. This is something you must do on your own. The Canadian embassy won't help. Alternatively, you can try to immigrate to Canada (if you qualify) through one of the skilled worker programs or something similar. You can find information here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp It takes anywhere from several months to several years for applications to be processed. So this certainly isn't a fast route.