+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Question Re: Ready for Visa / Prêt pour Visa email

almarenco

Apr 26, 2018
Hello. I have just received my ready for visa e-mail, requesting I send my and my companion's passports and additional forms, etc. through my nearest VAC. Since the e-mail states I have 15 days for them to receive the requested documents, I have a couple of questions on things I don't quite understand and to which I have not found an answer in this forum yet.

My questions are regarding step 3 of the e-mail (preparing docs for submission). Points 1 through 3 are fairly straight forward (Copy of letter, passports and photos), however, points 4 and 5 I find strange, as I have not seen anyone else in this forums get asked for such things when they got their e-mails. Here are items 4 & 5 being requested of me (things in red are my annotations/questions):

_______
4. Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) $490CAD x 1, 2, 3. Payment instructions are found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp
* The above item is strange, since I was asked to pay and submit through their website the confirmation of payment which I promptly did.

5. The complete address in which you intend to live in Canada and specify your current country of residence.
* This above, is the point which concerns me the most. I was not aware I was required to already have an address where I will live in Canada. Here are my questions regarding item 5 above:

A) Is this requesting which city are we planing to live in, or is it a specific address?
B) If it has to be a specific address, is it supposed to be a permanent residence or can it be a temporary place such as the home of an acquaintance, sublet or hotel?

_______

As I said, this is a time sensitive matter, so any assistance/advise is immensely appreciated.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read through.

Alberto

SumH12

Apr 11, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
26-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Med's Done....
12-12-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
Hello. I have just received my ready for visa e-mail, requesting I send my and my companion's passports and additional forms, etc. through my nearest VAC. Since the e-mail states I have 15 days for them to receive the requested documents, I have a couple of questions on things I don't quite understand and to which I have not found an answer in this forum yet.

My questions are regarding step 3 of the e-mail (preparing docs for submission). Points 1 through 3 are fairly straight forward (Copy of letter, passports and photos), however, points 4 and 5 I find strange, as I have not seen anyone else in this forums get asked for such things when they got their e-mails. Here are items 4 & 5 being requested of me (things in red are my annotations/questions):

_______
4. Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) $490CAD x 1, 2, 3. Payment instructions are found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp
* The above item is strange, since I was asked to pay and submit through their website the confirmation of payment which I promptly did.

5. The complete address in which you intend to live in Canada and specify your current country of residence.
* This above, is the point which concerns me the most. I was not aware I was required to already have an address where I will live in Canada. Here are my questions regarding item 5 above:

A) Is this requesting which city are we planing to live in, or is it a specific address?
B) If it has to be a specific address, is it supposed to be a permanent residence or can it be a temporary place such as the home of an acquaintance, sublet or hotel?

_______

As I said, this is a time sensitive matter, so any assistance/advise is immensely appreciated.

Alberto
Hi Alberto.
I received my PPR email with the same two requirements. What did you do at the end?
Regarding item #4, I am thinking about attaching the Receipt I got when I payed. But I am worried about #5 since I don´t have a permament address at the moment, although I could give them my uncle´s address.

Also, when I applied I answered Burlington (ON) as the city of interest which is the case, but my uncle lives in Toronto. Could that be an issue?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......

_______

_______

Alberto
Are you a resident/national of Latin American country?
Because for some reason, that's the kind of PPR instructions I've been seeing for them.

4. Just submit proof of RPRF payment. I'm guessing you're applying alone, hence the "x1". So it needs to show 490$.
5. Strange request indeed. Some people got request for eye colour and height. I'd say best bet is to submit an address where you'll want the pr card delivered once you complete landing. Of course you'll be able to change it later, so It can be friend's address or temporary stay address.

Reactions: SumH12

franzum

May 8, 2019
Hello guys,

I was asked for this two things also. I am from Costa Rica, so it looks like this is a requirement only LA people is getting indeed.

What did you guys do at the end with those?

On point 4 I was planning to submit the receipt I got although it does't mention that it is RPRF and the amount is higher since it includes the application fees.

On point 5 I though on giving a random address on the city where I plan to live but not sure if that address will be used to actually deliver some documentation so I am worried that this could cause a problem.

Appreciate your help on this.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hello guys,

I was asked for this two things also. I am from Costa Rica, so it looks like this is a requirement only LA people is getting indeed.

What did you guys do at the end with those?

On point 4 I was planning to submit the receipt I got although it does't mention that it is RPRF and the amount is higher since it includes the application fees.

On point 5 I though on giving a random address on the city where I plan to live but not sure if that address will be used to actually deliver some documentation so I am worried that this could cause a problem.

Appreciate your help on this.
When you land, the CBSA officer will ask you to confirm your address. You can give them an updated address at that time.

This is the address where your PR card(s) will be delivered.

Reactions: SumH12

colcol

May 27, 2019
Huh, just got my Ready for Visa email today with the same questions... and I am an applicant from Latin america too @Peacekeeper87 @21Goose

• 4... I paid everything at the time of submitting the application, So I just have that generic looking voucher for CAD$1125 you get after paying online, guess I should print and include that?

• 5... Probably pick an airbnb address for now? Also should I write something like a letter of explanation with the address?

armando2027

Jul 15, 2019
Huh, just got my Ready for Visa email today with the same questions... and I am an applicant from Latin america too @Peacekeeper87 @21Goose

• 4... I paid everything at the time of submitting the application, So I just have that generic looking voucher for CAD$1125 you get after paying online, guess I should print and include that?

• 5... Probably pick an airbnb address for now? Also should I write something like a letter of explanation with the address?
Doing this as well. Just including my voucher and picking a random Airbnb address that's on the city that interests me.

joaquinfawler

Feb 20, 2023
What did you finally do ? I have received the same requirement and I do not know what to say about the adress because I will do a soft landing...

almarenco

Apr 26, 2018
What did you finally do ? I have received the same requirement and I do not know what to say about the address because I will do a soft landing...
Honestly I barely remember lol. It's been so long since, I'm already scheduled for my oath of citizenship :). I do believe I wrote an explanation along with whatever I sent - though I don't think I gave a fixed address (didn't have one, nor a way of doing so) - there's some seriously non-sensical stuff in the process but the people processing usually apply plenty of common sense provided you provide proper explanations. If you are doing a soft landing perhaps choose an Air BnB/hotel and write an explanation (Soft landing)