+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent question - How to land? - Inland applier

mars_xiao

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just received my CoPR. I'm residing in Canada. It says I can contact CICs Call Center 1-888-242-2100 to make an appointment, but all I can hear is long auto-voice, no option regarding landing appointment.

My lawyer told me I can just simply show up at Vancouver airport without an appointment, but the letter says "Please note that you must leave Canada, enter another country and re-enter Canada" if I choose to do it at a Port of Entry.

Any ideas?

Any advice will be appreciated!

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
mars_xiao said:
I just received my CoPR. I'm residing in Canada. It says I can contact CICs Call Center 1-888-242-2100 to make an appointment, but all I can hear is long auto-voice, no option regarding landing appointment.

My lawyer told me I can just simply show up at Vancouver airport without an appointment, but the letter says "Please note that you must leave Canada, enter another country and re-enter Canada" if I choose to do it at a Port of Entry.

Any ideas?

Any advice will be appreciated!
You need to cross a border - whether that be leaving and landing by plane at an airport or crossing a land border. The latter is called flag poling which is what inlanders usually do.

mars_xiao

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Scottygirl said:
You need to cross a border - whether that be leaving and landing by plane at an airport or crossing a land border. The latter is called flag poling which is what inlanders usually do.
Hey thanks for the response. Does it mean if I want to do it at Vancouver airport, I need to actually fly out of the country and back?

vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
mars_xiao said:
Hey thanks for the response. Does it mean if I want to do it at Vancouver airport, I need to actually fly out of the country and back?
you can't get pr thru airport just by walk in. you have to fly outside canada to get thru airport or you can go to your closest land border and just cross border and tell us border agents you are here for canadaian landing so they will give you paperwork to go back canada and when you make you turn for canada they will ask you why are you here and tell them why you are at border and they will do rest of PR work. need more help leave your number in inbox i'll explain little better. i have good amount of experience in landing. did mine and gone with friends as well.

mars_xiao

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vehla_ji said:
you can't get pr thru airport just by walk in. you have to fly outside canada to get thru airport or you can go to your closest land border and just cross border and tell us border agents you are here for canadaian landing so they will give you paperwork to go back canada and when you make you turn for canada they will ask you why are you here and tell them why you are at border and they will do rest of PR work. need more help leave your number in inbox i'll explain little better. i have good amount of experience in landing. did mine and gone with friends as well.
I need visa to go US. Can I cross without US Visa if I tell them I'm there for canadian landing?

vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
mars_xiao said:
I need visa to go US. Can I cross without US Visa if I tell them I'm there for canadian landing?
nope you dont need a visa. just tell them you are here for canada pr landing then they will gave you refusal letter and come back.

mars_xiao

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vehla_ji said:
nope you dont need a visa. just tell them you are here for canada pr landing then they will gave you refusal letter and come back.
Is this true for the US border in Vancouver? I need to travel from Victoria, how can I confirm if I can do this?

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
mars_xiao said:
Is this true for the US border in Vancouver? I need to travel from Victoria, how can I confirm if I can do this?
As long as you are crossing a Canada/US land border, then you can flagpole and no need for visa. As OP said, you tell the border officials that you are flagpoling in order to confirm your PR and they will give you the appropriate piece of paper to return to Canada without the need for a visa.

mars_xiao

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Scottygirl said:
As long as you are crossing a Canada/US land border, then you can flagpole and no need for visa. As OP said, you tell the border officials that you are flagpoling in order to confirm your PR and they will give you the appropriate piece of paper to return to Canada without the need for a visa.
Thank you!!

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
I did landing at border near Vancouver too. No hassles at all. Just show up at the US border, say you are there for flag pole / flag polling and they will guide you from there. You can read my landing procedure here http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/passports-copies-to-cpcottawa-in-december-2015-lets-connect-t385334.0.html;msg4919183#msg4919183.

fsw2014 batch

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Hello. Can you please let me know what the visa stamp on the passport says? Also, what is the document that one gets after landing? is it the COPR? when does one apply for their PR card? Does one have to stay in Canad for the time they apply for the card to the time the card gets delivered? insight will be appreciated. Thanks! :)

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
fsw2014 batch said:
Hello. Can you please let me know what the visa stamp on the passport says? Also, what is the document that one gets after landing? is it the COPR? when does one apply for their PR card? Does one have to stay in Canad for the time they apply for the card to the time the card gets delivered? insight will be appreciated. Thanks! :)
- Visa says Immigrant. This visa will be struck off by pen by the officer who will doing your landing formalities.
- When you get CoPR you receive 2 identical documents expect one has your photo affixed on it. After landing, you will receive one CoPR document, without photo, back for your - reference which you have to keep/preserve till the end of your life to get benefits at old age.
- After lading is done, officer will instruct you that you will get your PR card within some time. There is no separate process to apply for PR card after landing.
- You can go out of Canada after landing is done but you cannot enter if you travel by air since CoPR is not recognized as visa to enter Canada. But you can travel by car to US and come back.

fsw2014 batch

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
JK_CAD said:
- Visa says Immigrant. This visa will be struck off by pen by the officer who will doing your landing formalities.
- When you get CoPR you receive 2 identical documents expect one has your photo affixed on it. After landing, you will receive one CoPR document, without photo, back for your - reference which you have to keep/preserve till the end of your life to get benefits at old age.
- After lading is done, officer will instruct you that you will get your PR card within some time. There is no separate process to apply for PR card after landing.
- You can go out of Canada after landing is done but you cannot enter if you travel by air since CoPR is not recognized as visa to enter Canada. But you can travel by car to US and come back.
Great. Thank you for the information :)

daomingli

Jan 25, 2016
fsw2014 batch said:
Great. Thank you for the information :)
go all the way down to Surrey, take a taxi from there to the boarder. Then walk all the way by yourself to the USA side, let the officer know you are doing a flagpole. They will give you a notice saying your attempted entrance to USA has been rejected. Then you come back to the Canada side. Then done!!!!

Dont worry. they will not stamp on your passport as thats what people do. :)

mars_xiao

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Went to Peace Arch today (Vancouver US boarder). It went very well. Thanks to all of you for your advice.