+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent question about upfront medical exam

roserope

Mar 6, 2016
Dear Seniors,

I did my upfront medical exam, the doctor work with eMedical system. But when I asked them for the print out of upfront medical exam info sheet, they told me to wait 14 business days to get back blood/x-ray results, then they will send it to me through email. All I got is the bill receipts when I left.

My question is can I use this bill receipt to prove that I finished the upfront medical exam?

Thanks for your attention!

elessar

Jun 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
I don't think so. When I did my medicals the doctors gave me a piece of paper that contained my picture and my UMi number (an unique identifier for the eMedical system). Otherwise, I think it may be difficult to track your medical record. But maybe others have a different say.

Best.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roserope said:
Dear Seniors,

I did my upfront medical exam, the doctor work with eMedical system. But when I asked them for the print out of upfront medical exam info sheet, they told me to wait 14 business days to get back blood/x-ray results, then they will send it to me through email. All I got is the bill receipts when I left.

My question is can I use this bill receipt to prove that I finished the upfront medical exam?

Thanks for your attention!
No. You should have the info sheet. They should give it to you even if not all results are available, as long as you completed all examinations.

roserope

Mar 6, 2016
elessar said:
I don't think so. When I did my medicals the doctors gave me a piece of paper that contained my picture and my UMi number (an unique identifier for the eMedical system). Otherwise, I think it may be difficult to track your medical record. But maybe others have a different say.

Best.
Thanks so much for your answer!! The staff there is very stubborn and insist that they can't provide anything except the bill receipt:( they can only give me that paper once all the medical results so done :( I don't know how to communicate with them now ....

roserope

Mar 6, 2016
Dexmoody said:
No. You should have the info sheet. They should give it to you even if not all results are available, as long as you completed all examinations.
Thanks for your answer Dexmoody!! The staff insist that they can't provide such info sheet until all the medical results have been available, I don't know what to do now except wait ....

roserope

Mar 6, 2016
BTW, can anyone show me what's that info sheet looks like so I can talk with the doctor? Thanks in advance!!

arcticbeans

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Others are right, you definitely should have the info sheet. I am not sure how to post links but if you google express entry e medical info sheet lots of images come up. It should have your photos at the top. They sheet they give you before you get your results just says that results are in progress/pending, sorry I cant remember the exact phrasing.

When we had ours done the clinic insisted that the would have them finalised within ten working days, they did not and they were very slow until I told them I would be calling the embassy and complaining that one of their designated centres was messing us around so much. Everything was then finalised and submitted to the e medicals database within an hour. It is so annoying that you pay so much and they still think they can mess you about.

malican

May 24, 2016
arcticbeans said:
Others are right, you definitely should have the info sheet. I am not sure how to post links but if you google express entry e medical info sheet lots of images come up. It should have your photos at the top. They sheet they give you before you get your results just says that results are in progress/pending, sorry I cant remember the exact phrasing.

When we had ours done the clinic insisted that the would have them finalised within ten working days, they did not and they were very slow until I told them I would be calling the embassy and complaining that one of their designated centres was messing us around so much. Everything was then finalised and submitted to the e medicals database within an hour. It is so annoying that you pay so much and they still think they can mess you about.
Hello, can you give me an idea on the tests and xray done?

Thank you.

arcticbeans

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes of course.

They measured height and weight, did an eyesight test and asked some questions about medical history, whether you had ever had any stays in hospital, and mental health issues or prolonged periods of depression, are you on any medication, ever had high blood pressure, that sort of thing.

They took blood pressure (it has to be 140/90 or below according to CIC, if not you need further testing) and then took a blood sample to do blood tests. They took a chest x-ray and then asked me to strip to under wear and did a physical examination and pressed my stomach. That was it from what I remember.

roserope

Mar 6, 2016
arcticbeans said:

Thanks so much for your detailed reply, arcticbeans !!!
Ya, exactly same feeling here, their attitude are still very bad if ask two more questions, look like I'll complain them as well. They just don't want to input data to the system right away :(

malican

May 24, 2016
arcticbeans said:
Yes of course.

They measured height and weight, did an eyesight test and asked some questions about medical history, whether you had ever had any stays in hospital, and mental health issues or prolonged periods of depression, are you on any medication, ever had high blood pressure, that sort of thing.

They took blood pressure (it has to be 140/90 or below according to CIC, if not you need further testing) and then took a blood sample to do blood tests. They took a chest x-ray and then asked me to strip to under wear and did a physical examination and pressed my stomach. That was it from what I remember.

Thank you Articbeans - Also, any idea on what blood tests were done?

arcticbeans

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Youre welcome roserope, it is very frustrating, our clinic were really quite rude to us too, until I mentioned complaining and then they couldn't be nicer!!!

Malican, I should have also said tthey doa urine test, sorry forgot about that! Anyway...

Blood tests they look for - HIV and syphilis, if you have any tattoos you have to have another blood test for hepatitis I gather, although none of us have tattoos so not sure on the details.

Urine test they look for - blood, protein and glucose

Lung x-ray they look for signs of TB or other anomalies in the lungs

Ive just looked back on our medical reports and the questions about medical history they ask are...

History of TB or treatment of TB
Any close contact with a person who has TB
Prolonged hospital treatment for repeat admissions for any reason
Any psychological/psychiatric disorders
An abnormal or reactive HIV blood test
An abnormal or reactive hepatitis B or C blood test
Cancer or malignancy in the last five years
Diabetes
Any heart conditions
Any blood conditions
Any kidney or bladder disease
Any ongoing physical or intellectual disability which affects your current or future ability to function independently and work full time
An addiction to drugs or alcohol
Are you taking any prescription pills or medication
Are you pregnant

roserope

Mar 6, 2016
arcticbeans said:
Youre welcome roserope, it is very frustrating, our clinic were really quite rude to us too, until I mentioned complaining and then they couldn't be nicer!!!

Malican, I should have also said tthey doa urine test, sorry forgot about that! Anyway...

Blood tests they look for - HIV and syphilis, if you have any tattoos you have to have another blood test for hepatitis I gather, although none of us have tattoos so not sure on the details.

Ive just looked back on our medical reports and the questions about medical history they ask are...

Diabetes
Any heart conditions
Any blood conditions
Any ongoing physical or intellectual disability which affects your current or future ability to function independently and work full time
Are you pregnant
It's very sad that they behave like that, I was really mad when I talked with them, it feels like you spend lots of money and then you are treated like you owe them more money lol

malican

May 24, 2016
arcticbeans said:

Diabetes
Any heart conditions
Any blood conditions
Are you pregnant
Hi Again Articbeans,

I have a colleague who was just asking me about the following - Do you know or came across any info on if the dependant (husband) was just diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic (just over 30 and not the serious stage) and is taking a 3 three month course of meds. Any idea if this can work against her?