+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Query regarding CAQ and study permit

baymaxx

Jun 28, 2019
I am an indian citizen but currently working at Tokyo. I got an university admit (one of DLIs). So, I am thinking to leave my job and go back to India in July and take my study permit process in India (because of SDS option). I have few queries. Please help me with that.

1. I am filling my CAQ form now (june). I am asked my `CURRENT PLACE OF RESIDENCE` in that form. Should I write JAPAN or INDIA since when I apply for study permit, I would have given up Japanese residency and I would have just indian residency.
  2. Query regarding SDS: From canada.ca website, SDS is applicable for legal residents of one of the 4 countries. So, can I know the definition of a legal resident?
  3. Query regarding SDS - 2: If I put CURRENT PLACE OF RESIDENCE as Japan in my CAQ, then they will assume I am still living at Tokyo because of which I may not get SDS option in India. But if I dont put JAPAN as CURRENT PLACE OF RESIDENCE, I doubt whether they will issue my CAQ in the first place since they will not know that I am moving to India in July..right? I basically would like to know what to put for CURRENT PLACE OF RESIDENCE in FAQ?
  4. Another option is to apply for study permit from Japan itself (whose processing is in Manila). I would like to know whether Manila offers SDS processing for legal residents of India (if at all I satisfy the LEGAL RESIDENT of India status) who apply at Manila?
  5. If I am applying from Japan to Manila, I will be using online application to submit my application for study permit. I would like to know how much time it will take to get my study permit approved (an approximate time period is good enough). This link says Japan takes just 2 weeks to process study permits (I hope its regular study permit process and not SDS). Is it so? If it just takes 2 weeks, can I apply at Tokyo itself without going to India?
  6. Or is it better for me to apply at India (where I can opt for Student Direct Stream process) or at Manila (regular study permit process)? I am lacking time now and I may not get the visa on time if I delay.
ITS URGENT. PLEASE REPLY ASAP!

rb (Robin)

Jul 2, 2019
i applied for caq on 28 may i already checked online status there i can seen my caq process is in processing so what i should now near about from 45 days i waiting