+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent query...plz rply asap

Ansh arora

Jan 13, 2019
Hello
Actually i am an international student and i got enrolled in mohawk college for may2019 and now i am in hamilton.
Yesterday i went for registration and they refused to do it cause i m below 18. And they asked me to submit a custodian form( where a canadian citizen or pr has to take my responsibility )
But i dont have my relative in canada

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
How did you get visa without a custodian? I think you need to find a canadian pr who is willing to act as custodian.

maccyd10

Oct 26, 2015
I would try to find another college who will accept you as an under 18, you will need to get enrolled and update your DLI with CIC within 90 days or your permit becomes invalid

Ansh arora

Jan 13, 2019
I would try to find another college who will accept you as an under 18, you will need to get enrolled and update your DLI with CIC within 90 days or your permit becomes invalid
I think it will take a lot of time as first i have to apply for new loa and then have to withdraw from current college.

Is there any other option?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Mohawk College says this on their website

https://www.mohawkcollege.ca/international-students/applying-to-mohawk-as-an-international-student/before-you-apply-as-an

i) Age Requirement

To apply to Mohawk College, you must be 18 years of age or older before the first day of your first class.

If you will be under 18 years old at the start of your first class, then you must either:

• come to Canada with a parent or legal guardian or,
  • have a custodian in Canada (living close to Mohawk College). A custodian is a responsible adult (Canadian citizen or a permanent resident) who would be responsible to provide you care and support.

When is your first day of class? Will you be 18 before that?

Ansh arora

Jan 13, 2019
Mohawk College says this on their website

https://www.mohawkcollege.ca/international-students/applying-to-mohawk-as-an-international-student/before-you-apply-as-an

i) Age Requirement

To apply to Mohawk College, you must be 18 years of age or older before the first day of your first class.

If you will be under 18 years old at the start of your first class, then you must either:

• come to Canada with a parent or legal guardian or,
  • have a custodian in Canada (living close to Mohawk College). A custodian is a responsible adult (Canadian citizen or a permanent resident) who would be responsible to provide you care and support.

When is your first day of class? Will you be 18 before that?
My classes is gonna strt in may and i will turned 18 in July

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
My classes is gonna strt in may and i will turned 18 in July
The other option is to try and get the college to bend the rule. This is a Mohawk College policy, not a legal requirement since you're above 17.

See if you can get an appointment with the provost or someone senior at Mohawk and explain your situation. While you were at fault for not understanding their policy, they are also somewhat responsible for not checking this with you till you arrived for registration. Their admissions officer should have followed up with you to make sure you were above 18.

It's not a good look for a college to turn away a minor who has no friends or relatives in Canada.

Explain that you are only 60 days away from turning 18, and that you have no friends or family in Canada. As a minor who came to Canada to study at Mohawk, you believed that you had followed the law (and you have followed the law).

If they refuse to do anything you may want to consider contacting https://legalaid.on.ca/en/ and asking them for help.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
And another option is to ask them to admit you the minute you turn 18. You still have 90 days till your study permit becomes invalid, so you can do this. Maybe you join in the middle of the semester.

Ansh arora

Jan 13, 2019
And another option is to ask them to admit you the minute you turn 18. You still have 90 days till your study permit becomes invalid, so you can do this. Maybe you join in the middle of the semester.
Thanku so much for ur concern
I will go college on monday will try that

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Some good ideas, I think you will need to find someone to sign the custodian forms hell you could probably pay someone a few bucks to do it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
Hi Ansh, if you don't want to go through the custodian process, You can try to get enrolled in September terms and you will be 18 by that time.
Let me know if you need any help or question,

Thank you,