+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent query on contracting work experience

JACKCHITRA123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
Hello all

I really appreciate any help on this.

I worked as a contractor on fixed day rate for a company in UK for 14 months and this experience is critical towards my points for express entry under fsw.

I had fixed duties and responsibilities and I was working standard 37.5 hours per week. I was hired by a recruitment agency and then I worked for this client on their premises.

I was getting paid by fixed day rate and I was responsible for managing my own taxes. For this reason I registered myself as self-employed.

I have all the documentation.

1) Letters from recruitment agency and client confirming my duties, job title, day rate, hours worked and dates
2) Tax documents, invoices and bank statements confirming the money mentioned in invoices.

Can I use the above work exp?

Please let me know since somebody told me that I cannot use self-employment for express entry

Many thanks

JACKCHITRA123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
i registered for self employment as sole trader contractor not through limited company.

i have all the documents such as self employment taxation, invoices from the client and bank statements to verify those invoices. in addition i am also attaching letters from both the client and recruitment agency confirming the terms of my contract and duties and resp.