+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent PRTD Processing

Stackhouse7

Oct 10, 2013
Hello, Looking for some help in getting a urgent processing of my PRTD application submitted via email. I have confirmed flight tickets and need to travel for work. Did anyone get their application approved on urgent basis? If so, what is the approval timeline and also how was the application indicated as urgent on the email.
Thank you in advance for any pointers!

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Hello, Looking for some help in getting a urgent processing of my PRTD application submitted via email. I have confirmed flight tickets and need to travel for work. Did anyone get their application approved on urgent basis? If so, what is the approval timeline and also how was the application indicated as urgent on the email.
Thank you in advance for any pointers!
Is the VAC closed in the coubtry you are at right now. I did not get an urgent application but if you have flight tickets in next one month IRCC shoud approve within a week. Rest is still upto the VAC if they are giving visa stamping service. I am in India right now and will need to send my pasdport through VAC defined courier service. I think it will take about 15 days for my passport to return.

Stackhouse7

Oct 10, 2013
Is the VAC closed in the coubtry you are at right now. I did not get an urgent application but if you have flight tickets in next one month IRCC shoud approve within a week. Rest is still upto the VAC if they are giving visa stamping service. I am in India right now and will need to send my pasdport through VAC defined courier service. I think it will take about 15 days for my passport to return.
Thanks @rahul1911 . I got my letter of authorization by which I can travel.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, please were you able to get your PRTD in time and how long did it take? I am going to the VAC to apply tomorrow and I have to travel back to Canada in 2 weeks. Thanks
You usually can't go to VAC because of covid and must apply online.

Dee-one

Mar 4, 2019
You usually can't go to VAC because of covid and must apply online.
Thanks for your reply. I already made an appointment as the VAC is opened. According to what I read online on IRCC, you can only apply online if the VAC is closed in the country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply. I already made an appointment as the VAC is opened. According to what I read online on IRCC, you can only apply online if the VAC is closed in the country.
Perhaps that is true in your country but in general covid has made people apply online.

nurse_giz

Star Member
Oct 17, 2020
Urgent help needed, my husband stuck at the Warsow airport for missing PRTD. We already applied by email. But no response yet. Is there any number I can call?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
we applied for PRTD, in this time line can I travel another country because I am in the transit area and I dont how will I need to wait, ? Or this PRTD is an doc shows you can tarvel ?
Whether you can travel to another country depends on the entry requirements of that country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
from poland, but we emailed because VAC is closed. How long do they take them to approve from email?
From the airport? This is not something that is usually processed urgently so it could be a few weeks. Has he left the airport. It looks like he is a protected person, was he travelling from his home country?