+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent processing request for PR card renewal under secondary review

Kenjiarch

Apr 23, 2018
Hi seniors,
I submitted my pr card renewal on May 2017 and got secondary review on July. I replied with all exit/entry records on August 2017 then nothing has happened since then.
Early this month, my mother had an accident followed with a surgery so I booked a ticket leaving at the beginning of May 2018 and sent it with doctors note to request for a urgent processing. I received an email saying they have received the urgent request and forwarded it to the responsible office.
It has been more than 10 days after that and I still haven't got any update. I called IRCC the agent said they did't know if my case had been granted to be processed urgently yet.
Did anyone have any experience on this? Are they gonna process it urgently or just normally since my case is under secondary review? This is getting more and more ridiculous. If my card wasn't mailed within this week I'd have to cancel my ticket. Just wanna take care of my mom, this is so frustrating.
Thanks if anyone has any clue.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I don’t believe there is urgent processing available with a PR card in secondary review (others can correct me). Did you meet RO when you applied for renewal (and by how much), as that would likely play a significant factor in whether it is processed urgently? That being said, there is no reason to delay your departure if it is urgent. You don’t require a PR card to leave Canada. You would need to apply for a PRTD (or have your PR card sent to you if it does arrive).

Kenjiarch

Apr 23, 2018
I don’t believe there is urgent processing available with a PR card in secondary review (others can correct me). Did you meet RO when you applied for renewal (and by how much), as that would likely play a significant factor in whether it is processed urgently? That being said, there is no reason to delay your departure if it is urgent. You don’t require a PR card to leave Canada. You would need to apply for a PRTD (or have your PR card sent to you if it does arrive).
Yes I did. I had 599 days in total outside canada, which means I had stayed here for more than 1200 days. PRTD takes a month so thats not an option. I'll just travel via US if I can't get the card.

gen_z

May 23, 2018
Thanks, Im glad it worked out for you :) Did you receive any updates or emails after you submitted the urgent request.

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Thanks, Im glad it worked out for you :) Did you receive any updates or emails after you submitted the urgent request.
Was your case also processed urgently? If you remember, can you provide a timeline?
Was your file also sent for secondary review at the local office?