+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing for Grant of Citizenship timeline

mae_g

Oct 30, 2017
Hi, has anyone applied for grant of citizenship urgently? I sent out my application last week to be processed urgently, just wondering if others have done the same in the past and wouldn't mind sharing their timelines here. Appreciated.
Hey, sorry I just saw your post. I also applied to the urgent citizenship process. My application was delivered on the 16th, still waiting for a sign. To date it hasn't been faster in any way, let's just hope it will once they actually open the envelope :)

pretoria11

Mar 6, 2014
Hi Pretoria11, my wife also applied Urgent Grant citizenship week ago as she had job offer which will involve intensive Canada-USA land border crossing and her passport from her country of origin will expire in 2 months(no question to apply for USA visa even) but she did applied for the renewal 3 moths ago ,however that will take 8-11 months processing time . she sent proof of job offer stating she needs canadian passport, proof she applied for her current passport renewal
Good luck!

pretoria11

Mar 6, 2014
Hey, sorry I just saw your post. I also applied to the urgent citizenship process. My application was delivered on the 16th, still waiting for a sign. To date it hasn't been faster in any way, let's just hope it will once they actually open the envelope :)
Same. A number of people whose applications (to be urgently processed) delivered on Oct 16th are still waiting for their AOR too. Good luck!

Reactions: mae_g and gigig

gigig

Nov 9, 2017
Hi Pretoria11, my wife also applied Urgent Grant citizenship week ago as she had job offer which will involve intensive Canada-USA land border crossing and her passport from her country of origin will expire in 2 months(no question to apply for USA visa even) but she did applied for the renewal 3 moths ago ,however that will take 8-11 months processing time . she sent proof of job offer stating she needs canadian passport, proof she applied for her current passport renewal
@yaye2009 did you get any feedback with regards to her application?
did she send the job offer along with her citizenship application or she submitted it later on?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Same. A number of people whose applications (to be urgently processed) delivered on Oct 16th are still waiting for their AOR too. Good luck!
Did you write "“Request Urgent Processing – Grant of Citizenship” in big bold letters on the envelope ?

gigig

Nov 9, 2017
The pros of applying under urgent processing is even if not approved under urgent processing it will reach an officer for review within couple of days of reaching the mail room. If luck favors it may be just be issued an AOR.

The disadvantage is if not approved for urgent processing can delay the application as it is out of process flow of the system and should go back to the normal processing and may have to go back to end of the line.
I disagree with you. receiving AOR has nothing to do with urgent grant of citizenship as you have seen couple of forum member has applied under urgent processing and have not get their AOR yet.
once t
Did you write "“Request Urgent Processing – Grant of Citizenship” in big bold letters on the envelope ?
I applied under normal processing, but later on I realised that I am eligible to apply under urgent one, for this reason I called call center and i was advised to send some proof to Sydney. last week I sent the requested document to Sydney and I wrote “Request Urgent Processing – Grant of Citizenship” in big bold letters on the envelope. the envelop was received by CIC but who know how long it will take for it to be open by an agent.. I am just patiently waiting..

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Interesting. Not sure how they pick then. Someone on this forum who applied after Oct 11 under "urgent processing" claimed to have received AOR in 2 days and "In Process" in another 2 days after AOR.
On the spreadsheet, I see one more case, got AOR in 2 weeks, and IP in 5 days after AOR.

LiveinCanada384
Ottawa Single 1100 Oct 12, 2017 Oct 16, 2017 Oct 27, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

yaye2009

Star Member
May 9, 2009
@gigig she got AOR yesterday(20 days after application is received by Sydney) so im not sure if that quick AOR reflect under" Urgent processing Grant of citizenship " I really hope it is.
The job offer has been submitted along side of her application. I hope someone else had some feedback under Urgent processing grant of citizenship.
Good luck for everybody.

vitoriaboy

Aug 26, 2017
I disagree with you. receiving AOR has nothing to do with urgent grant of citizenship as you have seen couple of forum member has applied under urgent processing and have not get their AOR yet.
once t

I applied under normal processing, but later on I realised that I am eligible to apply under urgent one, for this reason I called call center and i was advised to send some proof to Sydney. last week I sent the requested document to Sydney and I wrote “Request Urgent Processing – Grant of Citizenship” in big bold letters on the envelope. the envelop was received by CIC but who know how long it will take for it to be open by an agent.. I am just patiently waiting..
Can you share what was your reason for requesting urgent processing? What document did you provide?
Thanks

leicesterguy

Oct 5, 2017
To be honest, if that reason could be considered for urgent processing, tons of thousands people could do the same thing. Good luck to you.

yaye2009

Star Member
May 9, 2009
Hi everyone just and update to my wife Urgent processing.
E-Cas showing IP Nov 29, 2 days after AOR is anybody knows maybe this is a sign that her Urgent processing has been approved?
Time line:
Application received by Sydney Nov 8
AOR Nov 27
IP Nov 29

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi everyone just and update to my wife Urgent processing.
E-Cas showing IP Nov 29, 2 days after AOR is anybody knows maybe this is a sign that her Urgent processing has been approved?
Time line:
Application received by Sydney Nov 8
AOR Nov 27
IP Nov 29
What's you location ?