+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT processing for a PR renewal application that hasn't been processed yet

mohfarshid

Oct 3, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have sent my PR card renewal application on July 20th and at that time the processing time was 71 days. However, now the processing time is 157 days and I have a to leave Canada on December 5 for a very urgent trip. Therefore, I filled out a "case specific webform" for URGENT processing on September 15 and I received an email from CIC that they received my application and have notified the Case Processing Center (CPC) in Sydney.

However, I still cannot see my application online so I called CIC and they told me that they cannot process an ordinary application URGENTLY until the date they start processing it!!! They said my application is in their July boxes and they cannot go and find mine now!! So it seems I have to wait for two months so they reach the July boxes and then they will consider doing it URGENTLY!!! This way I won't have my card by the time of my departure!

Could someone please help me to see whether there is any way I can get CIC to process my PR renewal application URGENTLY right now?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you read & followed these instructions?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing-already-submitted.asp

Click on "If your application is not yet in process".

Josh2016

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
It would be faster for you to withdraw the original application and resubmit the new application with a paid ticket copy. Do not forget to put "urgent application, proof of travel included" on the envelope and you have to send it by courier. They only act if you do it with complete documents included.

lynn_ca

Oct 10, 2012
Josh

can I send my application with Canada post? if not which courier company?
also do I need to send my expired pr card or only a Xerox copy of it?
very confused about all this

Josh2016

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Yes you can by registered express with canada post. Make sure you have proof of air ticket and all proof that you have met RO. Follow the steps listed in cic website. Put "urgent application proof of travel included on envelope"

mohfarshid

Oct 3, 2015
Hi Josh and Lamawitch. Thanks for the advice on applying once again with a new package. So I gathered all my documents again last week and sent it again with URGENT processing on Tuesday, Oct 6 and it was received by CIC on Friday, Oct 9.

So I called in today to just check whether they have accepted the urgent processing situation or not after a week and they just keep saying they cannot check anything and I have to wait!! they're saying if the card is delivered before the time of travel then I will know else I have to apply for PRTD!!

I really don't understand isn't there a way that I could just check in the current time whether they are now processing URGENT so I know my plans??

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohfarshid said:
Hi Josh and Lamawitch. Thanks for the advice on applying once again with a new package. So I gathered all my documents again last week and sent it again with URGENT processing on Tuesday, Oct 6 and it was received by CIC on Friday, Oct 9.

So I called in today to just check whether they have accepted the urgent processing situation or not after a week and they just keep saying they cannot check anything and I have to wait!! they're saying if the card is delivered before the time of travel then I will know else I have to apply for PRTD!!

I really don't understand isn't there a way that I could just check in the current time whether they are now processing URGENT so I know my plans??
No, unfortunately there isn't.

The one time I used "urgent processing", following all the instructions, I left & returned to Canada before receiving any information on the progress of my "urgent" PR card renewal.

I simultaneously received a notice on Ecas that my card was being processed and a notice (by mail) to collect it at my local CIC office. I had been back in Canada for around a month...

Josh2016

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Someone I knew withdrew her application around Aug 24. Submitted an urgent application few days later. She received a call on Sep 2 from CIC asking why she did that. After she explained the urgency, she got notification on Sep 15 that her PR card application had been approved. She checked the on line status in the cic website, it was always still in process. Then suddenly on October 20 she received a new PR card. So in the end it is almost 2 months for urgent application.