+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

Medmoh

Oct 29, 2021
Hi everybodey, as a refugie(protected person) am I allowed to apply for urgent processing to visit a family member who's ill im my home country??
Anybodey here did it??

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
I am certain many tried or are trying to apply for urgent processing, even if they don't qualify, and they know it. Even if IRCC doesn't approve these requests, reviewing them takes from the limited resources. Everyone wishes to get urgent processing, so, many searches for any reason to apply for it, be it a family death or sickness with expired PR cards, job abroad ... etc. I feel sometimes applicants try to find jobs that requires Canadian Citizenship only to get approved for urgent processing. IRCC takes more responsibility for opening this door than applicants. IRCC should charge extra fees for every approved request for urgent processing, and create a new dedicated resource for it. With ~400K applications in backlog, and 20K applications a month, there will always be UP applications, which means, we who have been waiting for years, get delayed even more. I am sure no would complain, if UP applications don't affect other applications, as we wouldn't have cared if Afghans crisis takes years if it didn't affect our applications.
Charging extra fees for what IRCC defines UP makes no sense. You shouldn't have to pay extra for a potential job opportunity with the Government you may or may not get in the end OR because you cannot obtain a passport from your foreign nationality. This would essentially punish the applicant for being in an urgent situation that requires Canadian Citizenship and put a price on someone's difficult situation; so what message do you think IRCC would send to the pool of Citizenship applicants if this is the case? Definitely not an equity one.

That being said, IRCC may offer an "expedited" processing service and charge extra fees for everyone willing and able to pay for it. However, this would essentially marginalize those lower-income applicants as they will be subjected, implicitly, to endless processing times. Do you think this is also fair? Not really.

Reactions: MrTee

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Charging extra fees for what IRCC defines UP makes no sense. You shouldn't have to pay extra for a potential job opportunity with the Government you may or may not get in the end OR because you cannot obtain a passport from your foreign nationality. This would essentially punish the applicant for being in an urgent situation that requires Canadian Citizenship and put a price on someone's difficult situation; so what message do you think IRCC would send to the pool of Citizenship applicants if this is the case? Definitely not an equity one.

That being said, IRCC may offer an "expedited" processing service and charge extra fees for everyone willing and able to pay for it. However, this would essentially marginalize those lower-income applicants as they will be subjected, implicitly, to endless processing times. Do you think this is also fair? Not really.
You must have a conditional job offer to apply for urgent processing because of a job. So, yes, I think in this case in particular, the applicant should pay for an extra fee, because he/she has a job offer at hand. For all other cases like death or sickness in family, well, even people who have passports sometimes cannot make it in time, as Canada is across the Atlantic or the Pacific. I know a son who couldn't be in his mother's funeral because of his job and he couldn't find a flight in a short notice (not because he didn't have a passport), and many countries burry their dead in the same day or the next day. IRCC created reasons that are not reasonable. For example, why would someone lose a job if they don't have a citizenship? you may not get a job offer, but it's not the end of the world. 95%+ of the jobs don't require citizenships. They can find another one. Also, why do you need citizenship to go to Canadian school or university? As a PR you pay citizens fees. You enjoy all the privileges of citizens, except for very few jobs that require high level security clearance. But again, I blame IRCC for opening this door. Applicants are just using the system.

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
You must have a conditional job offer to apply for urgent processing because of a job. So, yes, I think in this case in particular, the applicant should pay for an extra fee, because he/she has a job offer at hand. For all other cases like death or sickness in family, well, even people who have passports sometimes cannot make it in time, as Canada is across the Atlantic or the Pacific. I know a son who couldn't be in his mother's funeral because of his job and he couldn't find a flight in a short notice (not because he didn't have a passport), and many countries burry their dead in the same day or the next day. IRCC created reasons that are not reasonable. For example, why would someone lose a job if they don't have a citizenship? you may not get a job offer, but it's not the end of the world. 95%+ of the jobs don't require citizenships. They can find another one. Also, why do you need citizenship to go to Canadian school or university? As a PR you pay citizens fees. You enjoy all the privileges of citizens, except for very few jobs that require high level security clearance. But again, I blame IRCC for opening this door. Applicants are just using the system.
IRCC can charge a fee for expedited processing and should be fined for delayed processing, given a standard processing time.

gantisunil86

Sep 9, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
23-11-2016
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-12-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2017
Hey! Just want to update, i got the Oath invite and its scheduled for 8th December.

Reactions: im2kool

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
is the any way to know if an urgent processing request has been approved or not?

would IRCC send you confirmation email or something similar?

mtlandrf

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
is the any way to know if an urgent processing request has been approved or not?

would IRCC send you confirmation email or something similar?
Call centre agents can read the note. If they say they can't, for some reason that agent isn't helping you out. Call again.

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Call centre agents can read the note. If they say they can't, for some reason that agent isn't helping you out. Call again.
thank you.
Called IRCC this mroning and was told that they could NOT see if my UP request has been approved or not but they do see my UP request.

Last edited:

sz_2018

Aug 12, 2021
Hello all,

Yesterday, I sent out a webform to IRCC asking for promoting my regular application to `urgent` due to my recent situation, and I received an automated reply in my inbox a few hours later. Today morning I received another email related to the webform with the following partial content:

=====================
Good day YYYYYY,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following documents:
  • YYYYYYY
  • YYYYYYY
We have forwarded them and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.
=====================

Does this mean that my request has been approved? What are the chances the office/officer reject my request at this stage?
Sorry if the questions below do not make sense. Just need to get away from the stress I'm tolerating now.

Thanks

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Hello all,

Yesterday, I sent out a webform to IRCC asking for promoting my regular application to `urgent` due to my recent situation, and I received an automated reply in my inbox a few hours later. Today morning I received another email related to the webform with the following partial content:

=====================
Good day YYYYYY,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following documents:
  • YYYYYYY
  • YYYYYYY
We have forwarded them and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.
=====================

Does this mean that my request has been approved? What are the chances the office/officer reject my request at this stage?
Sorry if the questions below do not make sense. Just need to get away from the stress I'm tolerating now.

Thanks
The truth is that this email is a general one. It does not mean that your UP has been approved. For that, you should wait until you get a confirmation from your processing office OR you notice your application is suddenly being updated more often, then you can assume your UP was approved. Good luck!