+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

dhanda

Jun 26, 2015
If you already see it in the tracker, I would guess your citizenship oath should be in less than 20 days perhaps even less. From test to oath will be the fastest, rafzy can comment as he's already done with his Oath.
1)What office is processing your application? Are you from Toronto?
2)Did you attach any proof while applying? Is it for job
3)Did they respond via email to your CSE or did the officer give you a call?
1)What office is processing your application? Are you from Toronto? -- I believe it is Kitchener. I am from Halton Hills
2)Did you attach any proof while applying? Is it for job -- Yes I did. One of my siblings is scheduled for a surgery. She lives alone and I can't travel on my current passport. I attached doctor's letter, hospital bills etc.
3)Did they respond via email to your CSE or did the officer give you a call? -- They sent me an email.

dhanda

Jun 26, 2015
This morning all my activities are marked as completed except the ceremony, which is still not started. I see Decision Made in ECAS as well.
Regarding Oath :
1. Would I be getting an email or a call? Just wondering how they schedule it
2. Do they give few slots or just one?
3. How long did it take for other UP applicants from DM to Oath? Any insights would be highly appreciated.

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
This morning all my activities are marked as completed except the ceremony, which is still not started. I see Decision Made in ECAS as well.
Regarding Oath :
1. Would I be getting an email or a call? Just wondering how they schedule it
2. Do they give few slots or just one?
3. How long did it take for other UP applicants from DM to Oath? Any insights would be highly appreciated.
You will see an update in the CST tracker saying you have been scheduled on xyz date. The email comes just a few days before oath.
One slot.
I know regular processing candidates that are waiting for anywhere between 1-4 months. But don't worry yours should be laser fast. Congratulations for DM!

Reactions: dhanda

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
1)What office is processing your application? Are you from Toronto? -- I believe it is Kitchener. I am from Halton Hills
2)Did you attach any proof while applying? Is it for job -- Yes I did. One of my siblings is scheduled for a surgery. She lives alone and I can't travel on my current passport. I attached doctor's letter, hospital bills etc.
3)Did they respond via email to your CSE or did the officer give you a call? -- They sent me an email.
Are you sure Kitchener office is processing your application?
Usually Halton region applications are processed in Hamilton.
You can check from the email address you received from the office. It will show which office is processing your application.
My wifes urgent process was accepted and she finished her test on Aug 24. Her online tracker updated to complete except the oath. We are waiting for the oath since Aug 25.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
I applied for urgent processing Nov 2020 throiugh the webform and after a month a received a generic email that my request has been forwarded to the local office (Ottawa). Everytime I call IRCC they keep telling me we don't know whether it is approved or rejected but the notes are attached to your file, it is matter of time before someone checks the request. It is been 9 months and no updates.

Any suggestions what I should do next?

dhanda

Jun 26, 2015
Are you sure Kitchener office is processing your application?
Usually Halton region applications are processed in Hamilton.
You can check from the email address you received from the office. It will show which office is processing your application.
My wifes urgent process was accepted and she finished her test on Aug 24. Her online tracker updated to complete except the oath. We are waiting for the oath since Aug 25.
I am pretty sure it is Kitchener.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi, is it possible to apply for urgent processing upfront for an online application, or only after submission, through the webform? I can see that for paper applications, it says to mark the envelope as urgent, but there is no specific option on the online form. If I put a request in my LoE, will this be looked at?

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Hi, we have applied for UP during the last week of Aug around Aug 27 or so. Only received generic email replies and nothing says it is approved or rejected. We submitted another request yesterday; no response so far. How long does it take them to respond? I have called IRCC several times and couldn't speak to an agent because they mentioned their resources are only for questions related to the situation in Afghanistan or change of info. What should be done in this case? Thanks

hayden314

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
Toronto, ON
Hi, I'm new here.

I applied for urgent processing on 10-August-2020 via webform, it was denied. I needed UP to accelerate the process and secure my job in the US as TN-1. IRCC website doesn't specify that job opportunities must be in Canada. My employer wrote a letter that I must be a Canadian. IRCC didn't approve the applications, so if you have a similar situation, don't waste your time

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
What extension to use when calling IRCC? I tried everything; always we can't transfer your call? what a horrible customer service after all of the money we paid for processing!
@Hanan22 try to call them early in the morning , best will be at 8 Am when they start working.

Reactions: Hanan22

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
I did not apply for urgent processing. However, one month after oath date i need to travel. Is there a way to apply for urgent citizenship certificate and passport ?

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Hi, I'm new here.

I applied for urgent processing on 10-August-2020 via webform, it was denied. I needed UP to accelerate the process and secure my job in the US as TN-1. IRCC website doesn't specify that job opportunities must be in Canada. My employer wrote a letter that I must be a Canadian. IRCC didn't approve the applications, so if you have a similar situation, don't waste your time
Sorry to hear this… IRCC is full of crap… can I ask you how did you come to know your UP request was denied ? Have they sent an email? Did you call?

dhanda

Jun 26, 2015
I did not apply for urgent processing. However, one month after oath date i need to travel. Is there a way to apply for urgent citizenship certificate and passport ?
For a certificate, you should ask them.
For Passports, urgent processing is available for an extra fee. Details on Canada Passport Page.
  • urgent pick-up: by the end of the next business day
  • express pick-up: 2 to 9 business days

Reactions: eatpraylove

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I applied for urgent processing Nov 2020 throiugh the webform and after a month a received a generic email that my request has been forwarded to the local office (Ottawa). Everytime I call IRCC they keep telling me we don't know whether it is approved or rejected but the notes are attached to your file, it is matter of time before someone checks the request. It is been 9 months and no updates.

Any suggestions what I should do next?
Since it has been 10 months, I am assuming they aren't processing you urgently.

Maybe you should reach out to your MP if you feel you have a strong case.