+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
I think he mis-typed it but he applied for UP in August 2021 and not Aug 2020.
@funloving No I applied in Aug 2020 and submitted my UP request right after I got my AOR in November 2020

Since it has been 10 months, I am assuming they aren't processing you urgently.

Maybe you should reach out to your MP if you feel you have a strong case.
@smash1984 I have a very strong case, but my MP don't care they just send requests and come back with the standard reply I can get from the Call center.

I am Somali passport holder which is one of the few passports that is not valid for Canadian exit and entry, so I applied for the Canadian Certificate of Identity which is a type of a travel document for anyone who don't have a valid national passport (not for regufees) and on the Remarks page it says that this travel document is not valid for traval to Somalia so basically I was stuck here for the last 5 years, and God knows how how long I have to wait for citizenship. My father has critical illness that requires urgent overseas care that is not available in my home country. So I do qualify under one of the Urgent processing criteria which is serious family sickness and the inability to get a valid national passport.

I submit all the required document including Medical reports that says he needs immediate medical care overseas but no response from the Ottawa Office.

I was told that the Minster holds in person appointment, so I am thinking booking an appointment with him here in Ottawa.

Also I kept calling the call center every week but telling me same response, your request is attached to your application you have to wait from your local office.
The last status of my GCMS notes 2 months back was that my file was transfered Feburary 2021 to the local office and still was in transit and my background was pending although a week ago I received fingerprints request from Vancouver Office, but still not sure if my file is picked up by Ottawa office or if it is in the registry.

So what happen if you request a urgent processing and your file is not in registry? do they have to wait until some one collects from the Mail room.

Last edited:

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
@funloving No I applied in Aug 2020 and submitted my UP request right after I got my AOR in November 2020

@smash1984 I have a very strong case, but my MP don't care they just send requests and come back with the standard reply I can get from the Call center.

I am Somali passport holder which is one of the few passports that is not valid for Canadian exit and entry, so I applied for the Canadian Certificate of Identity which is a type of a travel document for anyone who don't have a valid national passport (not for regufees) and on the Remarks page it says that this travel document is not valid for traval to Somalia so basically I was stuck here for the last 5 years, and God knows how how long I have to wait for citizenship. My father has critical illness that requires urgent overseas care that is not available in my home country. So I do qualify under one of the Urgent processing criteria which is serious family sickness and the inability to get a valid national passport.

I submit all the required document including Medical reports that says he needs immediate medical care overseas but no response from the Ottawa Office.

I was told that the Minster holds in person appointment, so I am thinking booking an appointment with him here in Ottawa.

Also I kept calling the call center every week but telling me same response, your request is attached to your application you have to wait from your local office.
The last status of my GCMS notes 2 months back was that my file was transfered Feburary 2021 to the local office and still was in transit and my background was pending although a week ago I received fingerprints request from Vancouver Office, but still not sure if my file is picked up by Ottawa office or if it is in the registry.

So what happen if you request a urgent processing and your file is not in registry? do they have to wait until some one collects from the Mail room.
Hope your father will get better soon. We have a similar passport issue where we can't get a national one and our citizenship still in progress. we have a death in my husband's family and we need to go back home.

gordinho

Mar 20, 2021
Those agencies are ready to give offer-letter/support-letter and wait till one gets Citizenship? Just trying to understand how this process works.
No, you're being mislead. You can have secret clearance without being a citizen and thus not a reason for urgent processing.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Hope your father will get better soon. We have a similar passport issue where we can't get a national one and our citizenship still in progress. we have a death in my husband's family and we need to go back home.
Thanks @Hanan22 hope you will get the UP approved.

Reactions: Hanan22

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018

Sorry to hear about your dad, I hope things become easy for him and your family.

Yes, if meeting the minister is possible then go for it, basically escalate as much as possible. Let alone urgent, they seem to be approaching 12 months.

Reactions: Camelboy

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Hi guys, how are you?

I need advice of experienced people

I work in IT field in government (not CIC so do not blame me)

I checked that there is a position in CSIS in another province that I evectional want to move

Job is under same category, pay, I have all qualifications (probably even more)

One issue passport

Is this a case for urgent processing?

Please advice

Thank you

Anton

Canadian newcomer

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
Hi guys, how are you?

I checked that there is a position in CSIS in another province that I evectional want to move

One issue passport

Please advice

Thank you

Anton

Passport to move to another province? Or you need a Canadian passport to apply for the new position?

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Hi guys, how are you?

One issue passport

Please advice

Thank you

Anton
Your issue isn’t the Canadian passport. Is the Canadian Citizenship.

Also, do you have ten years of verifiable experience ? If so, how long have you been living in Canada, and how long have you lived in your previous country of residence? In addition, your previous country of resident must have a treaty with CSIS in order to consider your for the role… if you can meet the basic requirements, then I would give it a shot.

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Your issue isn’t the Canadian passport. Is the Canadian Citizenship.

Also, do you have ten years of verifiable experience ? It says Bachelors or masters + 3 years of experience. I have this
If so, how long have you been living in Canada, and how long have you lived in your previous country of residence? 17 years in Ukraine 14 years in Canada
In addition, your previous country of resident must have a treaty with CSIS in order to consider your for the role… if you can meet the basic requirements, then I would give it a shot. Do u know if Ukraine has treaty with CSIS?
Thank you

Reactions: moti bili

Jfk20101

Oct 8, 2013
has anyone applied for urgent processing during this month since the afghan issue came up? i did but i only received a generic email and since then nothing

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Thank you
Since you’ve been in Canada for more than 10 years, then that’s all you need to prove the “verifiable information” to CSIS, Ukraine is irrelevant at this point. Go ahead and prepare a compelling and satisfactory business case and you may get the UP approved. Good luck !

hayden314

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
Toronto, ON
Hi everyone,
has anyone applied for urgent processing during this month since the afghan issue came up? i did but i only received a generic email and since then nothing
I did. I received a generic email in 4 days and then I haven't seen anything from IRCC. Their call centre doesn't have access to online forms, so they can't tell whether it was processed or not.

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
I did; I sent the same request 3 times since Aug 27th; only generic emails. Yesterday I sent it again via web form and by mail to Sydney NS. They responded today saying it is forwarded to local office. Keep sending them. Good luck all

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Hi everyone,

I did. I received a generic email in 4 days and then I haven't seen anything from IRCC. Their call centre doesn't have access to online forms, so they can't tell whether it was processed or not.
See my previous comment. Good luck