+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

karthicktalk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
How many days will it take to see oath ceremony related updates on dashboard or oath invite email, after completing the test/interview via urgent processing? Is there any standard pattern?

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
I am told that I am not able to apply for the urgent process unfortunately.
Sorry for that.
Could you share how you heard this? Did you called CIC? Or local office informed you? How long after your webform request is that?

haak000

Jan 22, 2018
Sorry for that.
Could you share how you heard this? Did you called CIC? Or local office informed you? How long after your webform request is that?

No, I did not call CIC. I just spoke to the assistant of the member of Parliament. Since I was a protected person, she told me I could not apply for the urgent process. However, I still think about applying for it because who cannot use the national passport to go to the home country except a protected person. I just try to find the right answer now.

Reactions: hawat

Sayed101

Dec 4, 2020
Hi All,

I have a question and I will appreciate it if you can answer it if you have experience with urgent processing.

I have an employment opportunity outside Canada, and almost got a job offer. However, this country does not give residence/work visa for citizens of my original country due to political reasons.

As per the urgent processing webpage, they say that you can request urgent processing if you are going to lose an employment opportunity, however they do not mention whether or not this job opportunity must be inside Canada.

Does anyone know/have experience with similar situation? Your input will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Aprl22:2016

Nov 10, 2017
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
22-04-2016
Med's Request
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
No, I did not call CIC. I just spoke to the assistant of the member of Parliament. Since I was a protected person, she told me I could not apply for the urgent process. However, I still think about applying for it because who cannot use the national passport to go to the home country except a protected person. I just try to find the right answer now.
AFAIK they would only process it urgent for protected person in case of death of a family member or family member being sick

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All,

I have a question and I will appreciate it if you can answer it if you have experience with urgent processing.

I have an employment opportunity outside Canada, and almost got a job offer. However, this country does not give residence/work visa for citizens of my original country due to political reasons.

As per the urgent processing webpage, they say that you can request urgent processing if you are going to lose an employment opportunity, however they do not mention whether or not this job opportunity must be inside Canada.

Does anyone know/have experience with similar situation? Your input will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot!
Not very sure about this since this isn't a Canadian job you're applying for but go ahead and give it a try. Write a letter explaining why you need urgent processing and attach all supporting documentation to see if they'll approve the request.

However, I'd say it is unlikely because this isn't a Canadian job you're applying for.

Good luck.

Last edited:

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Hi All,

Hi

Working for another country is not considered as urgent request

Anton

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi All,

I had my interview today and officer confirmed about my job if it is in Canada or outside cause urgent is only for jobs within Canada as per her and she is Senior Case Processing Officer

asterixfanboy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2021
I believe many folks are now applying for UP where the U in UP is not actually true in some cases.

This also causes a lot of additional workload on case processing officers and delays the normal applications filed and are assigned to that office/officer. So yes, trying to game the system where the U in UP is not true should actually make the officers push the requested applications to the back of the queue. The details for urgent processing are very clearly outlined in the website and there ideally is no discrepancy in the IRCC clarifications. I know its not a morally right approach but will actually prevent some applicants who want to 'game' the system.

Reactions: rafzy

wink

May 25, 2021
I believe many folks are now applying for UP where the U in UP is not actually true in some cases.

This also causes a lot of additional workload on case processing officers and delays the normal applications filed and are assigned to that office/officer. So yes, trying to game the system where the U in UP is not true should actually make the officers push the requested applications to the back of the queue. The details for urgent processing are very clearly outlined in the website and there ideally is no discrepancy in the IRCC clarifications. I know its not a morally right approach but will actually prevent some applicants who want to 'game' the system.
If the rules are clear how one can game the system, I am not sure.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
I had my interview today and officer confirmed about my job if it is in Canada or outside cause urgent is only for jobs within Canada as per her and she is Senior Case Processing Officer
Did you have a job offer? Because seems that IRCC is not accepting UP for job application that require citizenship anymore (e.g. csis)