+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
So for the first category of urgent processing: apply for a job.

I saw a job advert for a position with the Canadian government that requires Canadian citizenship. I would rather not mention here which department it is, except to say that citizenship status is not negotiable. So if I apply for this government job, will it suffice to attach a copy of 1) the job advert (which clearly states that it is only open to citizens), and 2) proof that I applied for it, in order to justify urgent processing request for my citizenship application?

Some of the replies here suggest that we would need to produce proof that the job applicant has already proceed to the recruitment stage where he is deemed otherwise qualified for the job except for citizenship status. I have a couple of questions for this assumption.

First, the CIC website does not really say that. It merely mentions "needing Canadian citizenship to apply for a job".

Second, it would not be practical in situations where citizenship status is used to screen the applicants in the very first round. So this would create a catch-22 situation.

I grant however, that perhaps CIC will expect something more than just the fact that you applied for a job that requires Canadian citizenship because that would probably lead to people abusing this provision. But how about my second point?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

So for the first category of urgent processing: apply for a job.

I saw a job advert for a position with the Canadian government that requires Canadian citizenship. I would rather not mention here which department it is, except to say that citizenship status is not negotiable. So if I apply for this government job, will it suffice to attach a copy of 1) the job advert (which clearly states that it is only open to citizens), and 2) proof that I applied for it, in order to justify urgent processing request for my citizenship application?

Some of the replies here suggest that we would need to produce proof that the job applicant has already proceed to the recruitment stage where he is deemed otherwise qualified for the job except for citizenship status. I have a couple of questions for this assumption.

First, the CIC website does not really say that. It merely mentions "needing Canadian citizenship to apply for a job".

Second, it would not be practical in situations where citizenship status is used to screen the applicants in the very first round. So this would create a catch-22 situation.

I grant however, that perhaps CIC will expect something more than just the fact that you applied for a job that requires Canadian citizenship because that would probably lead to people abusing this provision. But how about my second point?

Thanks!!
1. Applying for a job wouldn't be sufficient. If you were offered a job, then maybe.
2. Your application would probably be screened out as the criteria states "Canadian citizenship"

Reactions: Admin71

Admin71

Oct 22, 2017
UPDATE:

Language Skills - COMPLETED (31 May 21)
Physical Presence - COMPLETED (31 May 21)
Citizenship Test - COMPLETED (27 May 21)
Background Verification - COMPLETED (08 Apr 21)
Prohibitions - COMPLETED (31 May 21)
Citizenship Ceremony - NOT STARTED

I’ll update when the final piece of our journey concludes :)

Reactions: varlam and sookie85

sookie85

Apr 30, 2014
Kosovo
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
09-05-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
07-08-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2016
Med's Done....
13-06-2016
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
28-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016
UPDATE:

Congrats!

Reactions: Admin71

Ash_Ahmad

Sep 11, 2019
UPDATE:

Where did you get these information? and When did you start your application?

Ash_Ahmad

Sep 11, 2019
Date app. sent: Dec. 2, 2020
Date app. received: Dec. 7, 2020
Date of AoR: Dec. 9, 2020
In process: Dec. 18, 2020
Test invite: May 20, 2021
According to your timeline, do you think your urgent processing accepted in both Sydney and local office?

Admin71

Oct 22, 2017
Final post from me regarding our journey. Our citizenship ceremony has been scheduled for 15 June 2021.

Good Luck to everyone who has applied

Reactions: varlam

Admin71

Oct 22, 2017
congrats :) do you see on the new tool that your application is now urgent?
Nope. There is nothing that indicates that our application was processed urgently other than the timeline. Calls to IRCC did not confirm it either. I strongly suspect that it was but either way, we are thankful for the swift actions of the immigration officers who worked on our case.

Reactions: varlam

salmbagjaf

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
I just checked my application online and it says:
You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 11, 2021 and July 1, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
I had requested urgent processing and I called CIC yesterday, they told me they still see the request on my file and the agent said it has been probably accepted since my application is moving so fast.
By the way, I still have not received an email for the test. I checked my application yesterday and the test invite wasn't there. So it must have been updated today.
Since they have given me a 3 week window to take the test, can I deduct my request for urgent processing is rejected?
My application was received on October 7th 2020.

Last edited:

Riadh21

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
Nomination.....
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
04-04-2017
Hi Guys
For people who have requested urgent treatment for job reasons, what documents have you included with your application as proof?

Thanks

Admin71

Oct 22, 2017
Hi Guys
For people who have requested urgent treatment for job reasons, what documents have you included with your application as proof?

Thanks
The official job offer (actual contract) with contact names of officials who issued it for confirmation; along with highlighted reasons why citizenship was absolutely necessary.

Riadh21

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
Nomination.....
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
04-04-2017
The official job offer (actual contract) with contact names of officials who issued it for confirmation; along with highlighted reasons why citizenship was absolutely necessary.
Thanks Admin71

diana98

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Any clue the requirements for urgent processing? On the CIC website it just mentions for benefits, job or travel for death or illness. However, I have an issue with my bank, they are asking for proof of residency in Canada. I lost PR few years ago and I knew I was planning to become citizen so I never renewed PR. So now my bank wants a valid PR or Canadian citizenship. Do you think that would be considered for urgent processing? I have already passed citizenship test. Just waiting for next steps.
application sent: dec 2019
Application received: Jan 2020
AOR: feb 2020
In processing: sept 2020
Test completed: March 2021
Single applicant