+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

Ahmadd

Sep 16, 2020
You’re correct, but the operative word in your post is “once granted citizenship”, not while actively seeking urgent processing of your citizenship application. :)
yes i understand your point. But as long as you applicant maintain his PR status and enable to attend citizenship test and oath than there is no problem if they move early. Because before grant of citizenship we are PR. So it should be continued until grant. I verified this with cic too.

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
Same thing for me not sure if Ottawa local office is opened these days mine is in transit since October which means the local officer has not opened it yet
How can you see it's in transit? Mine just says in process on ecas. Is that GCMS notes kinda thing?

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
yes i understand your point. But as long as you applicant maintain his PR status and enable to attend citizenship test and oath than there is no problem if they move early. Because before grant of citizenship we are PR. So it should be continued until grant. I verified this with cic too.
True. But we’re not talking about if an applicant can move outside of Canada or not while their citizenship application is being processed.

I’m just saying that asking IRCC to speed up your application mainly because you need to move/go work in another country isn’t a good enough excuse to get the urgent request granted.

Ahmadd

Sep 16, 2020
True. But we’re not talking about if an applicant can move outside of Canada or not while their citizenship application is being processed.

I’m just saying that asking IRCC to speed up your application mainly because you need to move/go work in another country isn’t a good enough excuse to get the urgent request granted.
If someone got Job outside or inside canada which requires applicants to have citizenship than applicant qualifies for urgent processing. This is one of the reasons which IRCC gave themselves.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
If someone got Job outside or inside canada which requires applicants to have citizenship than applicant qualifies for urgent processing. This is one of the reasons which IRCC gave themselves.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html
Inside or outside Canada isn't on that link you posted. If you aren’t satisfied with the logic provided already around this, go ahead and apply. We can all learn from your experience whichever way.

1+1=11

Dec 4, 2020
Same thing for me not sure if Ottawa local office is opened these days mine is in transit since October which means the local officer has not opened it yet
Hey, I noticed the same thing too. Although still very early, mine went in process on December 30th, 2020. When I called several times throughout this month to check on a few other things, several IRCC agents stated that it is currently "in transit." I noticed it has been in transit for a month now (so far).

So are the primary offices for urgent applications in Sydney as opposed to the local processing centre?

Also, I was under the impression that Sydney initiates the BG checks and then forwards the application + pending BG check results to the local office. The IRCC reps made it seem that they just open the application, check for completion, and activate ECAS. I wasn't aware that they handle a large portion of the process and only forward it to the local office once they are ready to issue the invitation for the test.

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015

2 years ago , when one of my relatives was applying for citizenship, a consultant told him that IRCC could delay your application if they found out that the applicant was intending to leave Canada shortly after getting citizenship. They said that even though is not required to reside in the country AFTER being granted citizenship it could get you into trouble and deeper scrutiny if you declared that intent during your application process, like in the interview.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
2 years ago , when one of my relatives was applying for citizenship, a consultant told him that IRCC could delay your application if they found out that the applicant was intending to leave Canada shortly after getting citizenship. They said that even though is not required to reside in the country AFTER being granted citizenship it could get you into trouble and deeper scrutiny if you declared that intent during your application process, like in the interview.
I really wouldn't recommend anyone applying for urgent processing on grounds they have a foreign job offer because I feel it is counter-productive but some applicants strongly feel the need to do so. In one of my posts earlier this month, I suggested that if the applicant so strongly feels the need to apply for urgent processing for a foreign job offer, they can go ahead and do so and let IRCC make the decision for them.

Personally, if I were in that situation, I would NOT request urgent processing but that's just me.

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
I really wouldn't recommend anyone applying for urgent processing on grounds they have a foreign job offer because I feel it is counter-productive but some applicants strongly feel the need to do so. In one of my posts earlier this month, I suggested that if the applicant so strongly feels the need to apply for urgent processing for a foreign job offer, they can go ahead and do so and let IRCC make the decision for them.

Personally, if I were in that situation, I would NOT request urgent processing but that's just me.
Personally I feel there should be an intent to live in Canada after receiving citizenship. Obviously stuff can happen but to get citizenship to get a job elsewhere just feels wrong to me

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Personally I feel there should be an intent to live in Canada after receiving citizenship. Obviously stuff can happen but to get citizenship to get a job elsewhere just feels wrong to me
IMO, I wouldn't call it "wrong" but I think it is counter-productive because I think that the applicant would just beg for additional scrutiny from the officials (again, speculation here). But that's what I think will happen and I would suggest people to stay away from it, if at all possible.

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
IMO, I wouldn't call it "wrong" but I think it is counter-productive because I think that the applicant would just beg for additional scrutiny from the officials (again, speculation here). But that's what I think will happen and I would suggest people to stay away from it, if at all possible.
Getting citizenship just to leave the country is a little unusual though right. I feel getting citizenship is a commitment to the country. Obviously there are good reasons to leave but if you already know you don't intend to stay.. I understand that some people prefer Canadian citizenship over their own to get into another country but don't think that should be a priority over all the people that do plan to stay (like you are saying. I'm just surprised so many people think to use leaving Canada for a job elsewhere as a reason for urgency)