+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
I sent the webform last week but they haven't responded by an email even acknowledging receiving.
How long did it take them to get back to you or you had to call them
@SShehata it takes 3 to 4 weeks for the webform team to send the request to your office which will assess your request

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Do I need to follow up by calling or do anything during?
No you don't need and you can not reach the decision making officer. and in most cases they don't acknowledge that your request for urgent processing is honored, all you see an early in-processing compared to the rest.

With upcoming holidays I think you can expect to receive an acknowledgement email from the web form team in 4-5 weeks.

If you don't mind what is the reason for your urgent processing?

SShehata

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
No you don't need and you can not reach the decision making officer. and in most cases they don't acknowledge that your request for urgent processing is honored, all you see an early in-processing compared to the rest.

With upcoming holidays I think you can expect to receive an acknowledgement email from the web form team in 4-5 weeks.

If you don't mind what is the reason for your urgent processing?
I am a September 2018 applicant.. it's not urgent anymore! But now I have a family serious illness back home and I need to travel there..

Admin71

Oct 22, 2017
Is this thread still active?

We initially submitted our Family Application in July 2020 but it was returned due to both adults failing to sign the physical presence calculators (I know, I kicked myself too).

Anyway, it was returned completely with a letter on the children's files stating that they were complete and ready for processing but as they were sent with a family application, could ONLY be processed with the rest of us.

So the applications were sent back on November 10th, tracked as delivered and signed for on November 12th in Sydney and since then . . . . nothing.

The application was marked for URGENT PROCESSING as we literally relocated and bought a house in a specific area due to a job offer with the CAF. His citizenship is a requirement to work in a specific role and whilst they can waive it for him, it is their preference for him to have citizenship to remove the need to do this.

We included his service number and the contact of CoC and recruitment to confirm his potential position within the CAF but again, have heard nothing.

Numerous phone calls have told us that they cannot confirm the application has been received and in fact, they can't even confirm the July application was received and processed, despite us having evidence that they had!

After another phone call today, we were told to submit a web form stating why we needed urgent processing but feel it's a wasted exercise as they've previously responded saying they "can't find the application on the system or that it's been received."

Is it worth resubmitting everything again? What else would they need to deem it worth urgent processing? We have even offered to separate the applications so that just his can be processed and the rest of us go back into the queue. Any advice is appreciated!

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
I recently applied with an urgency request for a job and considering my application is already in process I'm guessing they accepted my request.
I added a letter from my boss.
If your husband's work can waive the citizenship requirement I'd ask that. Even if your application will be processed urgently it will take months

Admin71

Oct 22, 2017
I recently applied with an urgency request for a job and considering my application is already in process I'm guessing they accepted my request.
I added a letter from my boss.
If your husband's work can waive the citizenship requirement I'd ask that. Even if your application will be processed urgently it will take months
They can waive the requirement but it will then change the offer. They'd previously confirmed it 2 out of 4 applications were "completed" and only one signature on a page was required so I kinda hoped it would mean it wouldn't take much more to process it again.

I'm worried that the application has gone missing or something as they can't even confirm that it was received . . .

His recruiters offered to liaise with the CPC agent but he needs confirmation they have it first - feel like we're chasing our tails sometimes.

Thanks for the response - appreciate it!

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
They can waive the requirement but it will then change the offer. They'd previously confirmed it 2 out of 4 applications were "completed" and only one signature on a page was required so I kinda hoped it would mean it wouldn't take much more to process it again.

I'm worried that the application has gone missing or something as they can't even confirm that it was received . . .

His recruiters offered to liaise with the CPC agent but he needs confirmation they have it first - feel like we're chasing our tails sometimes.

Thanks for the response - appreciate it!
Can you login online yet, on ECAS? I've got all my updates from that, no correspondence yet.
I think you start all over when you resend it. But if they grant urgent processing it should have moved to in process most likely. It could be that they didn't think there was sufficient cause for urgency?

Admin71

Oct 22, 2017
Can you login online yet, on ECAS? I've got all my updates from that, no correspondence yet.
I think you start all over when you resend it. But if they grant urgent processing it should have moved to in process most likely. It could be that they didn't think there was sufficient cause for urgency?
I expect that’s the case and they don’t deem it urgent ... haven’t got anything on ECAS whatsoever so will just have to wait until we get an AOR. Although looking at the spreadsheet, nothing from October onwards has been acknowledged unless they’ve accepted it for urgent processing

itzzamit

Mar 2, 2015
sign the physical presence calculators
Check this , this is responded by CIC twitter handle confirming "The requirement to sign and date the online physical presence calculator is no longer necessary. Please follow the instructions by printing & attaching it to your application. We are working on updating our guides to highlight this change"

Reactions: Admin71

Admin71

Oct 22, 2017
Check this , this is responded by CIC twitter handle confirming "The requirement to sign and date the online physical presence calculator is no longer necessary. Please follow the instructions by printing & attaching it to your application. We are working on updating our guides to highlight this change"
You’re kidding ... I literally can’t believe this. Our application was sent back on 01 October 2020 because of this and on 11 October 2020, they decided it didn’t need to be signed?!? You cannot make this stuff up.

Appreciate the link and info though - thank you!

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
You’re kidding ... I literally can’t believe this. Our application was sent back on 01 October 2020 because of this and on 11 October 2020, they decided it didn’t need to be signed?!? You cannot make this stuff up.

Appreciate the link and info though - thank you!
maybe they just changed the requirements after seeing your application...

Admin71

Oct 22, 2017
You know what? If it saved one person the hassle of what we went through, I’ll take that
EDIT:It may not have officially changed on the 11th - I think I misinterpreted another tweet ... doh! Easy to do when you’re frustrated I suppose ....