+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Does anyone know if Urgent Processing is affected by the strike action? Emailed Scarborough today and got a standard response "your correspondence has been forwarded to the appropriate unit for action"

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
My certificate was supposed to be sent out urgently and did not make it out before the strike. I've been calling IRCC for the past few days, and they keep telling me that they have sent a message to the local office (Calgary) but they have to give the office time. My question remains the same, do they have people for urgent situations or is everyone on strike. I know they have "essential" people, but I don't know if urgent processing or urgent requests are in that "essential" bucket.

Raeisi

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
My certificate was supposed to be sent out urgently and did not make it out before the strike. I've been calling IRCC for the past few days, and they keep telling me that they have sent a message to the local office (Calgary) but they have to give the office time. My question remains the same, do they have people for urgent situations or is everyone on strike. I know they have "essential" people, but I don't know if urgent processing or urgent requests are in that "essential" bucket.
These services offered by non-governmental organizations are still available:

• settlement services from IRCC partner organizations
  • health care through the Interim Federal Health Program
  • visa application centres outside of Canada

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
These services offered by non-governmental organizations are still available:

• settlement services from IRCC partner organizations
  • health care through the Interim Federal Health Program
  • visa application centres outside of Canada
That was not my question, but thank you lol. I was talking about IRCC and if urgent applications/cases were deemed essential. There isn't much clarity around it.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
That was not my question, but thank you lol. I was talking about IRCC and if urgent applications/cases were deemed essential. There isn't much clarity around it.
I would like to know too. Need to travel urgently and caught in limbo with no information.

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
I would like to know too. Need to travel urgently and caught in limbo with no information.
For my urgent situation I had my MP involved. As well as talked to IRCC almost every day. They say that everything is in the green but they still cannot tell me where my certificate is at. They also rejected the idea of pick up apparently, so it's a mail only, when I'm on an emergency time line. Giving it a few days then I'll likely take a loss on my booked tickets. Although still not sure as there is no end in sight for all of this yet.

amontella

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
For my urgent situation I had my MP involved. As well as talked to IRCC almost every day. They say that everything is in the green but they still cannot tell me where my certificate is at. They also rejected the idea of pick up apparently, so it's a mail only, when I'm on an emergency time line. Giving it a few days then I'll likely take a loss on my booked tickets. Although still not sure as there is no end in sight for all of this yet.
Probably a long shot but "if" you are from a visa exempt country, did you look into the option of leaving Canada without the certificate and applying for Special authorization to come back in?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/dual-canadian-citizens-visit-canada.html#findOut

As per the above here are the requirements, although I am not sure they would process those either... it's pretty risky but might be worth investigating:

You can apply for a special authorization if you:

• have not been issued a Canadian passport that is valid on the day of your travel
  • have a flight to Canada that leaves in less than 10 days
  • have a valid passport from a visa-exempt country
  • are not a Canadian-American dual citizen
And one of the following:

• have previously received a certificate of Canadian citizenship, or
  • held a Canadian passport in the past, or
  • were granted Canadian citizenship after having been a permanent resident of Canada.

Reactions: linxord

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Probably a long shot but "if" you are from a visa exempt country, did you look into the option of leaving Canada without the certificate and applying for Special authorization to come back in?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/dual-canadian-citizens-visit-canada.html#findOut

As per the above here are the requirements, although I am not sure they would process those either... it's pretty risky but might be worth investigating:

You can apply for a special authorization if you:

• have not been issued a Canadian passport that is valid on the day of your travel
  • have a flight to Canada that leaves in less than 10 days
  • have a valid passport from a visa-exempt country
  • are not a Canadian-American dual citizen
And one of the following:

• have previously received a certificate of Canadian citizenship, or
  • held a Canadian passport in the past, or
  • were granted Canadian citizenship after having been a permanent resident of Canada.
Interesting information, and thank you. Although those cases don't apply to me, it may help someone else in the future.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Unfortunately my MP won't help.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Anyone who applied for urgent processing before the strike getting any updates on their file?

Wondering if they're still reviewing and processing urgent applications.

I emailed Scarborough for an update on my urgent processing, and got a standard reply (your correspondence has been be forwarded to the responsie unit).

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I applied for urgent processing got this response from Scarborough IRCc do you guys think it’s approved, i submitted webform & now i directly to them

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for contacting our office. This is to inform you that your enquiry has been forwarded to the responsible unit for their review, you will be contacted with the next steps.

For enquiries regarding the status of your application, test results, ceremony or any other questions relating to your citizenship application, you are encouraged to visit the “My immigration or citizenship application” section of our website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application.html

For future updates on your file or change of your mailing address, or email address. Please contact our Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca

Citizenship Team

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Any update?

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Bump anyone got an update with urgent processing since the strike ended?
I don’t know if it is related to my urgent processing request, but I got an email from Sydney office on Wednesday May 3 asking me to provide a Canadian address (I live in the US so they only have my US address) so they can forward my file to the appropriate local office for further processing.

Reactions: johnjkjk