+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I don’t know if it is related to my urgent processing request, but I got an email from Sydney office on Wednesday May 3 asking me to provide a Canadian address (I live in the US so they only have my US address) so they can forward my file to the appropriate local office for further processing.
Do you know if your urgent processing request was approved?

Jun 2, 2017
Hello Everyone, can you suggest if I’m eligible for urgent processing?

My current citizenship application is waiting for LPP and next steps. My current Indian passport is expiring on July 30. I have my ailing grand mother and may have to travel any time on emergency. Does this qualify for urgent processing ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

My current citizenship application is waiting for LPP and next steps. My current Indian passport is expiring on July 30. I have my ailing grand mother and may have to travel any time on emergency. Does this qualify for urgent processing ?
Only if you getting renew your current passport. - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html

Reactions: srikanth_reddy

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016

No. Only if you cannot get a new passport in your current nationality and can prove serious illness. If you renew your passport now, you can get it by July.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore

By the criteria published by IRCC, it is highly unlikely your situation would qualify for urgent processing. Reason, there was/is nothing stopping you from renewing your passport and costing your grandmother in India.

If you do end up going, let IRCC know of your travel plans so they can schedule your oath only after you return, so it doesn’t cause any problems with your travel.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Has anyone received an update on their urgent processing request recently? Finally got CSE response ("documents added to your file") and MP just confirmed that UP request has been received but no decision made. No movement on my file since UP was requested.

Jun 2, 2017
By the criteria published by IRCC, it is highly unlikely your situation would qualify for urgent processing. Reason, there was/is nothing stopping you from renewing your passport and costing your grandmother in India.

If you do end up going, let IRCC know of your travel plans so they can schedule your oath only after you return, so it doesn’t cause any problems with your travel.
Thanks for details and links. It makes more sense to start renew my current passport.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

Fizzy958

May 29, 2019
I don’t know if it is related to my urgent processing request, but I got an email from Sydney office on Wednesday May 3 asking me to provide a Canadian address (I live in the US so they only have my US address) so they can forward my file to the appropriate local office for further processing.
Hi. Can you please provide email of Sydney office please?

benali

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Thank you forw.jane and Wacky1.nash, below is my timeline copied from my tracker. So almost 8 months, and with no progress for almost 3 months! I hope it qualifies one way or another for the UP if I decide to proceed with UP.

Jan 22, 2023
Fingerprint results: Received

Jan 13, 2023
Activity status updated: Citizenship test

Jan 9, 2023
Scheduled for citizenship test

Jan 5, 2023
Fingerprints required

Dec 30, 2022
Activity status updated: Citizenship test

Aug 22, 2022
Application filed

Hello brother,

Just want to follow up, did you apply for UP and is there any progress in your application?

benali

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
I applied for urgent processing got this response from Scarborough IRCc do you guys think it’s approved, i submitted webform & now i directly to them

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for contacting our office. This is to inform you that your enquiry has been forwarded to the responsible unit for their review, you will be contacted with the next steps.

For enquiries regarding the status of your application, test results, ceremony or any other questions relating to your citizenship application, you are encouraged to visit the “My immigration or citizenship application” section of our website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application.html

For future updates on your file or change of your mailing address, or email address. Please contact our Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca

Citizenship Team

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Hello,

Did you get any update on your UP request?

benali

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
I had some correspondence with IRCC (via email of Citizenship Scheduling Unit). Accordingly:
They confirmed that my Urgent Processing (UP) application has been approved, but they approved UP of only my file, not files of my dependents (my wife and my 2 minor children) although I am the principal applicant and we all applied as one family application package. I replied and asked to include my dependents to UP. They said they will look into it. Still waiting their response. In my understanding, if they approve UP of my dependents as well, then my wife will be invited to the test, too.
So, the best case scenario is that all 4 applications will be processed together as UP.
The worst case scenario would be my case will progress after I take the exam and pass. In that case, I will probably obtain citizenship before my family members which sucks.
Anybody who has experience with that?
Hello,

How did you know that your UP was approved, I submitted a request directly to the SCR office and I got a reply within 10 mins with the following (Thank you for contacting our office. This is to inform you that your correspondence has been forwarded to the responsible unit for their action) What does that mean? and how would I know if it is approved or not?

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hello,

How did you know that your UP was approved, I submitted a request directly to the SCR office and I got a reply within 10 mins with the following (Thank you for contacting our office. This is to inform you that your correspondence has been forwarded to the responsible unit for their action) What does that mean? and how would I know if it is approved or not?

Thank you in advance for your feedback!
When did you apply for UP? I also received the same generic reply from Scarborough