+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Hi I applied for urgent processing with the medical documents and proof of why I can’t obtain a new passport in my current nationality.

How do I know if it’s been approved or not? What’s the average time to see movement if UP is granted?

I used the web form and also emailed Scarborough at all their emails. I got two email replies, one saying that my “enquiry has been passed on to the responsible unit for their review” and another with “your file is in queue to be reviewed by an officer”. Are these generic replies or are they actually reviewing my file? Thanks for your support!
I believe the other email for review means your file in review ready for LPP, check the sender email address ( is it from SCR).

and, responsible office email is the reply from contact centre employee for your webform ( check the sender email address.

when did you get the reply and which SCR email did you use?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I believe the other email for review means your file in review ready for LPP, check the sender email address ( is it from SCR).

and, responsible office email is the reply from contact centre employee for your webform ( check the sender email address.

when did you get the reply and which SCR email did you use?
Hi, I sent an email to Scarborough scheduling (1st reply) and then to E-apps (2nd reply). I also emailed oath (automated reply only). I think it just acknowledges that my request has been received.

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Hi, I sent an email to Scarborough scheduling (1st reply) and then to E-apps (2nd reply). I also emailed oath (automated reply only). I think it just acknowledges that my request has been received.
I think both replies are not acknowledgment. 2nd reply stating its in review by agent so it has been moved from test ready to review ready. You never know LPP get completed by day or so or next week. Good luck.

What’s the email address for E-Apps you sent to?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I think both replies are not acknowledgment. 2nd reply stating its in review by agent so it has been moved from test ready to review ready. You never know LPP get completed by day or so or next week. Good luck.

What’s the email address for E-Apps you sent to?
Well not really. These replies were for my urgent processing request only I.e. my UP request is in queue to be reviewed. Only If they approve the UP request, they will review my citizenship file urgently. If not, my file will continue to gather dust. So my file not in "review ready" just yet!

E-apps email is for submitting required documents only. They don't reply to any other kind of e-mails. My UP request had documents attached.

IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipe-Apps-DemandesenligneCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

• Wow
Reactions: manmoi31

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Going to look after a pregnant wife can make the case for urgent processing by any chance? (My PR card is expiring soon and I won’t get it in time to go for the expected delivery date.)

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Going to look after a pregnant wife can make the case for urgent processing by any chance? (My PR card is expiring soon and I won’t get it in time to go for the expected delivery date.)
For urgent processing for urgent travel reasons, you need to show that your can't get a passport in your current nationality.

However if you're just waiting for oath, they would consider this reason for urgent oath (email local office with your request). I've seen such cases.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London-UK, then Paris-France, then Cairo-Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
Help please

I have a strong reason to apply for urgent processing of Citizenship citizenship application. I never cared how long it takes (been waiting for 8 months) but my mother is having an operation in about 6 weeks and I need to travel and see her. If I file for urgent processing, do I stand a chance of my application being processed?

How long generally is urgent processing?
Is there an issue with travelling with your existing passport? Thats the first question you will get.
Thanks forw.jane for your reply. I guess that is a valid question if asked.

The thing is that my mum is having the operation in Egypt and I have to fly there to see her. I am not Egyptian and the problem is that the Egyptian visa needs an "initial application" takes minimum 3 months to get approved (not issued!), which means I might not get approved and might not be able to even apply after I hear back.

Not sure if IRCC are nice enough to sympathize :(

Reactions: desmat

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

The thing is that my mum is having the operation in Egypt and I have to fly there to see her. I am not Egyptian and the problem is that the Egyptian visa needs an "initial application" takes minimum 3 months to get approved (not issued!), which means I might not get approved and might not be able to even apply after I hear back.

You can give it a try with all document attached.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore

If you can demonstrate, by getting a canadian passport you would be able to get into Egypt significantly faster, then yes, I think you have a case.

I am not sure at what stage you are in the application process. You need to keep in mind even with UP, best case, it takes a little more than a month to get to oath. In many cases it takes a lot longer. And then you have to still get your citizenship certificate and Canadian passport before your travel. (I think Canadians enjoy visa on arrival in Egypt, so the only benefit is skipping that wait. All in all, even best case, with UP, the earliest you can be in Egypt is 1.5 month from now (and it will likely be longer).

So your best chance is probably applying for Egypt visa with your current passport. May be you can try to request an expedite with the Egyptian consulate on humanitarian grounds. I strongly recommend you start this process pronto so as to be able to get to your mother sooner.

You can also submit your UP request in tandem, but I would see it as a back up plan, as it is not really practical in your situation.

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London-UK, then Paris-France, then Cairo-Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
Thank you forw.jane and Wacky1.nash, below is my timeline copied from my tracker. So almost 8 months, and with no progress for almost 3 months! I hope it qualifies one way or another for the UP if I decide to proceed with UP.

Jan 22, 2023
Fingerprint results: Received

Jan 13, 2023
Activity status updated: Citizenship test

Jan 9, 2023
Scheduled for citizenship test

Jan 5, 2023
Fingerprints required

Dec 30, 2022

Aug 22, 2022
Application filed

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Thank you forw.jane and Wacky1.nash, below is my timeline copied from my tracker. So almost 8 months, and with no progress for almost 3 months! I hope it qualifies one way or another for the UP if I decide to proceed with UP.

Jan 22, 2023
Fingerprint results: Received

Jan 13, 2023

Jan 9, 2023
Scheduled for citizenship test

Jan 5, 2023
Fingerprints required

Dec 30, 2022

Aug 22, 2022
Application filed
8 months and having already completed fingerprints and test is actually a pretty typical and rather quick timeline. I submitted in Oct 2021, and have no progress until my fingerprint request last week, so yeah 18 months of nothing.

Back to you, with BG not yet cleared, I am guessing even with UP, it will take about 1.5-2 months (best case) to get to oath.

Worst case - you may be stuck in security clearance. If the security clearance is held up due to external factors out of IRCC’s control, the urgent processing even if approved can’t do much to help.

Good luck with both your visa application and your UP request. I Hope you make it to see your mom before her surgery.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi I applied for urgent processing with the medical documents and proof of why I can’t obtain a new passport in my current nationality.

How do I know if it’s been approved or not? What’s the average time to see movement if UP is granted?

I used the web form and also emailed Scarborough at all their emails. I got two email replies, one saying that my “enquiry has been passed on to the responsible unit for their review” and another with “your file is in queue to be reviewed by an officer”. Are these generic replies or are they actually reviewing my file? Thanks for your support!
Received an auto response today after a few days of UP webform:

"We’re experiencing a high volume of requests, so our response may be delayed".

Called IRCC and the agent could only see the email received from Scarborough ("in queue to be reviewed") and LPP are NOT started. He couldn't say whether the strike would affect UP.

Pratheesh

Aug 19, 2017
Received an auto response today after a few days of UP webform:

"We’re experiencing a high volume of requests, so our response may be delayed".

Called IRCC and the agent could only see the email received from Scarborough ("in queue to be reviewed") and LPP are NOT started. He couldn't say whether the strike would affect UP.
Have you finished your exam?