+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

Desperate202

Jan 10, 2019
Just wondering if taking the test outside of Canada would slow down my file as I think the UP request have been accepted? Or there will be no effect on the speed it goes even though it's UP?

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
Hey guys,

I got my test invite.

I am scheduled for citizenship test between October 31, 2022 - November 21, 2022.

I am currently outside Canada. Kindly advise what should i do next? Should i tell them that i am outside Canada and will be taking the test from outside Canada? If yes, who should i get in touch with? Should I contact them via call or via web form?

Your comments are highly appreciated.

You have to be in Canada per instructions. You need to contact them ASAP

"If you get your invitation and plan to take the test while you’re outside Canada, send an email to the address in the Eligibilitysection of your invitation.

In your email

• put “Outside Canada – Citizenship Test” in the subject line
  • in the body of your message, include
    • your full name
    • your application number
    • the start and end date for your test
We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html

Last edited:
Reactions: kingfaisal

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hey guys,

I got my test invite.

I am scheduled for citizenship test between October 31, 2022 - November 21, 2022.

I am currently outside Canada. Kindly advise what should i do next? Should i tell them that i am outside Canada and will be taking the test from outside Canada? If yes, who should i get in touch with? Should I contact them via call or via web form?

Just follow the instructions on the test invite. It says what to do.

You'll need to email them with the proper subject line.

While emailing tell them about your return plans too so your file is processed continously. Sometimes some officers put files on hold if you're taking test from outside.

They'll add your email to your file and ask you to take the test from outside.

kingfaisal

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Hello guys,

I am currently preparing for the test, my test window is Oct 31, 2022 - Nov 21, 2022.

I have already practiced from the following:

Richmond Library (scored 152 / 152).
Toronto Library (scored 61 / 61).
Apna Toronto (scored an 80% average for all tests)

I would like to request advise from the guys who took and passed the test already, is there anything else I should do? Also, based on my preparation, do you think I will pass?

Any input is highly appreciated.

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hello guys,

I am currently preparing for the test, my test window is Oct 31, 2022 - Nov 21, 2022.

I would like to request advise from the guys who took and passed the test already, is there anything else I should do? Also, based on my preparation, do you think I will pass?

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-test-exam.779652/post-10244042

gandalf019283

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-11-2018
Hello guys,

I gave my test today with similar feelings and practice scores. Got 20/20. It is not hard. You will pass. Good luck.

TIGER123

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
ye
Hey guys,

I got my test invite.

====================

Yes, test can be taken outside Canada but you NEED to email the office which invited you telling them this.

Fairmont81

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 September 2014
Nomination.....
Jan 05 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 09 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
Jan 09 2015
Hello fellows,
I requested for an UP two weeks+ ago n got below note today in email. Does that mean my UP request is approved?

“We verified the information you provided regarding your request for urgent processing and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.”

Appreciate some guidance. UP was thru web form and reason was a Job Opp.

tx in advance

gehaif

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Citizenship application status:
Type: Online
Submitted: Sep 01, 2022
UP Request sent: Sep 02, 2022
AOR: Sep 06, 2022
In Progress: Sep 07. 2022
UP Gen Response: Oct 03, 2022
Ghost update: Oct 28, 2022
Ghost update: Nov 01, 2022

Reactions: wchaudhry

EYC

Jun 4, 2018
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
I took my test on 17th of October and the test window closed on the 27th, It has how ever not been updated on my tracker. Could there be a problem? and if so what can I do right now?

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hello fellows,
I requested for an UP two weeks+ ago n got below note today in email. Does that mean my UP request is approved?

“We verified the information you provided regarding your request for urgent processing and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.”

Appreciate some guidance. UP was thru web form and reason was a Job Opp.

tx in advance
I think this is a standard response.

Typically they don't send a confirmation. If it's accepted you'll know when things start really moving fast.

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
con
Citizenship application status:
Type: Online
Submitted: Sep 01, 2022
UP Request sent: Sep 02, 2022
AOR: Sep 06, 2022
In Progress: Sep 07. 2022
UP Gen Response: Oct 03, 2022
Ghost update: Oct 28, 2022
Ghost update: Nov 01, 2022
Congrats for the update so soon. Which office is this?

Reactions: gehaif

kingfaisal

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Hey fellows,

I finally passed my test. (20/20)

I would like to thank everyone who provided their feedback which really boosted my confidence.

Can anyone please advise on how long do I have to wait for everything else to be completed and citizenship oath after the test is marked completed?

I would highly appreciate your feedback on this so that I can make my travel plans back to Canada accordingly.

Thank you.

Citizenship Timeline
  • Type: Online
  • Submission Date: March 26, 2022
  • Physical Presence: 1103
  • AOR: April 19, 2022
  • In Progress: April 25, 2022
  • Ghost Update 1: Oct 7, 2022
  • BG Verification Completed: Oct 20, 2022
  • Ghost Update 2: Oct 21, 2022
  • Test Invite: Oct 27, 2022 (Window: Oct 31, 2022 to Nov 21, 2022)
  • Test Taken: Nov 1, 2022 (Outside of Canada)
  • Test Completed: pending
  • Language Skills: pending
  • Prohibitions: pending
  • Physical Presence: pending
  • Citizenship Ceremony: pending

gomzythakkar

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
I got reply to my urgent case inquiry as following -

Good day My Name,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following documents:

• Documents for urgent processing_Prachi.pdf
We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

Citizenship - Urgent cases

We can process applications for citizenship urgently in some cases.

If you feel that your situation may be considered urgent, we invite you to choose the type of application you would like to have processed urgently and follow the applicable instructions:

An officer will evaluate your request and determine if the application can be processed on an urgent basis.

Does that mean it was accepted ? or It just says - they forwarded it and concerned office might accept it ? Got this reply on October 24th, no movement on tracker or anything since then

Thank you help !