+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,

i recent gave birth outside of Canada and want to return with my daughter ASAP. Can that be grounds of urgent processing?
It can but barking up wrong tree - will still need identification from USA first. Get that and figure out how to enter Canada on basis of US citizenship docs.

FW-SandA

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
Hello guys

I received the following email today.

I received Aor on Mar 7
test on May29
I submitted an urgent request on June 15.

Do you think the urgent process was accepted ?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding your urgent request and have forwarded itto the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

nassb

Feb 5, 2019
Hello guys

I received Aor on Mar 7
test on May29

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We verified the information you provided regarding your urgent request and have forwarded itto the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,
No this is just a notification that they received your request and sent it to the officer. Usually they wont send a confirmation if the request was approved or not, they are too lazy to do that.

kingfaisal

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Hello guys

I received Aor on Mar 7
test on May29

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sincerely,
As per my experience and some older posts here in this forum, this means your request has been approved and sent forward to your processing office for further action. Hopefully you will start receiving some quick updates very soon. All the best...

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
In general terms I agree with @nassb that this is likely to be more or less an acknowledgement that the request has been received and will be considered, NOT an indication of whether the process will be expedited.

However, it is utter nonsense to assert that IRCC procedures, including communications, are due to personal motives or flaws. It's a bureaucracy. Bureaucracies are what bureaucracies do. They constitute the embodiment of impersonal decision-making and action. Which is to say, anyone being "lazy" has nothing to do with it. Internal operational guidelines and practices, and the criteria employed, dictate what actions are taken, and what communications are sent and when.

Further note: Most of the steps in the process are largely mechanical, very little subjective thought or intention or personal judgment on the part of the processing agents and officers involved. Some, sure, such as if and when something in the application is noted triggering a concern, some of that (like whether to make an investigatory referral) can be subjective, a personal judgment call. And in close call cases, such as where there might be some concern about the applicant's actual physical presence, then some personal, subjective element of decision-making can influence whether a citizenship officer proceeds to approve the application or not, and if not, then refer the application to a Citizenship Judge.

But most of it, by far, is checking off boxes, just checking off boxes. When the application has gone through the steps necessary for all the requirement boxes to be checked, and they are checked as met, a decision is made, the application is approved.

And that is all done much like a product moves down an assembly line. In order. So it typically takes a rather compelling situation for IRCC to pull an application out of line to put it ahead of others.

The effect of non-routine processing may be illustrated similarly. If at step C in the assembly line there is a reason to pull the product, the item or application, off the assembly line, to do something other than what is done to all the items/applications moving down the assembly line, that in effect takes it out of the order it was being processed in. When that side-trip, non-routine action is completed, the item/application goes back onto the assembly line, back into line at step C. However many other items/applications have gone on through in the meantime, on the assembly line, are now in front of the one pulled off for non-routine processing. That is, it is not as if anything is done to make that item/application catch-up to where it was before . . . it is in its new spot on the assembly line.

Again, all of this is far more mechanical than it seems many acknowledge. If and when there is a lazy guy (the gals are never lazy, or so I've heard, though perhaps that comes from a prejudiced source) working the line, that can slow down the line. But it does not determine what gets done (like whether this or that particular communication is sent), since again what gets done is dictated by internal operational guidelines and practices, and the criteria employed.

FW-SandA

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
Hello guys

I received Aor on Mar 7
test on May29

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sincerely,
I called CIC and they informed me that my UP request was not rejected nor approved. they just sent it to a different office.

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
I called CIC and they informed me that my UP request was not rejected nor approved. they just sent it to a different office.
Hi Can you provide me the contact details for CIC to check on the status of UP, I submitted my application itself as UP and submitted Webform last week, want to check with CIC. Would appreciate your help.

ics6600

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 24 , 2017
AOR Received.
March 5 , 2017
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
05-08-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Refugee-PR. 2019 Applicant.

Just got the urgent processing request approved after calling IRCC about 20 times. I will be invited for an oath next week!

What helped me at the end: a very kind IRCC phone agent contacted the local processing office behalf of me.
Hi , I am also from Montreal and ive been waiting for about 8 weeks after i received " Forwarded to responsible office" email. I am calling IRCC every week to check if the decision hs been made or not but they are not willing to help further than that. How did you ask agent so that he/she contacted Montreal office? Thanks alot

scorp101

Aug 3, 2021
hello guys,
I have a death situation my grandfather passed away, and my grandmother she's very ill, and at the hospital, I have sent a webform to IRCC for an urgent process about a month ago with all support document , but unfortunately I didn't receive any response from there side, is there any other way I can contact them other then webform, and the on phone (client support center), my grandmother situation getting worse everyday.
Is it possible to go to IRCC office ?
my status decision made everything complete except oath

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Hello,
I recently got a new job (in Canada) that requires travelling abroad %30-%40 of the year including US (which I cannot go with my current citizenship). Also for most of the countries they want to send me I need a visa with my current passport. Everytime I travel I may need to stay for 1 month or so and I'm afraid I get invitation for oath ceremony in the middle of my business travel.

Are these strong enough arguments for UP? Does it worth applying for UP?

I have already passed the test waiting for the Decision and Oath ceremony (Applied Oct 2021, AOR December 2021).

Appreciate your opinions.

ics6600

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 24 , 2017
AOR Received.
March 5 , 2017
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
05-08-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
28-03-2018

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that the agent who responded to you on 2022/XX/XX took the appropriate actions to follow up on your request.

Received this email yesterday but when i called the agent , they dont see any update / decision made on my file.