+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

aormarch2018

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Hi guys! I'm new to the forum and have a quick question.

From the IRCC website, it seems the way to start an application with urgent processing is to apply on paper? Which one is faster to get a response for UP, online webform or paper?

I'm located in Canada if that's relevant.
No more, even UP requests should be approved twice, and it takes forever to even approve in the first place. even if they approve at Sydney, the local office doesn't give a sh..t about UP anymore. They're swamped with Ukranian refugees .

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Scarborough called me personally to tell me that my request is "not as urgent" but at least CPC-Sydney starts your background check quickly to send your file away.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Scarborough called me personally to tell me that my request is "not as urgent" but at least CPC-Sydney starts your background check quickly to send your file away.
You said the other day you had some insights about SCR office - what’s that?

biquanbi96

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Just got a response for an urgent processing request submitted to 2 months ago. " We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration."

Sohpie2017

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Just got a response for an urgent processing request submitted to 2 months ago. " We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration."
My dad got the this response for his urgent processing request last week: "We have verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office". No movement after that. Not sure how long does it take for local office to make a decision. My dad is a December online applicant leaving in Calgary.

ics6600

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 24 , 2017
AOR Received.
March 5 , 2017
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
05-08-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
My dad got the this response for his urgent processing request last week: "We have verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office". No movement after that. Not sure how long does it take for local office to make a decision. My dad is a December online applicant leaving in Calgary.
mine was three weeks ago , still no update ( ofcourse i called ircc every week , no decision was made)

wfsoomro

Jun 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
Has anyone here applied for urgent processing in Montreal this year? How long did it take to hear back from them?
I applied for urgent processing around September 2020.
My file hasn't moved at all since.
GCMS Notes say that my request was rejected and that my file will process normally.
Been about 21 months since I applied.
Passed my test in July 2021.
Sent copies of passport around the same time I applied for ugent processing.

No idea what's going on with my file.
A lot of people who applied around the same time as me or after me are done with the whole process.

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
I submitted my urgent processing request by replying to the test invitation email. They immediately contacted me within a day asking to submit passport copies. I am not sure they accepted my urgent processing request because another applicant with same date and office also got their oath scheduled at the same time as mine. Might have been a coincidence or they accepted my urgent request. Either way, I am thankful it went through.

I received a response to the urgent request I submitted through webform after two months and after I did my oath.

dalma11

Star Member
May 26, 2013
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27/08/2014
Doc's Request.
05/11/2015
Nomination.....
06/11/2015
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-02-2017
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2017
LANDED..........
Inland
I submitted my urgent processing request by replying to the test invitation email. They immediately contacted me within a day asking to submit passport copies. I am not sure they accepted my urgent processing request because another applicant with same date and office also got their oath scheduled at the same time as mine. Might have been a coincidence or they accepted my urgent request. Either way, I am thankful it went through.

I received a response to the urgent request I submitted through webform after two months and after I did my oath.
Congratulations on your citizenship! Could you please detail what reason you used for urgent processing? I sent them an email by replying to the email the test invite came from. I got an automated message saying a decision will be added to my file within 3 business days...that was June 2nd. We have decision made since May 26th and will travel for my dad's commemorative ceremony on July 19th. No updates yet on our file.

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Congratulations on your citizenship! Could you please detail what reason you used for urgent processing? I sent them an email by replying to the email the test invite came from. I got an automated message saying a decision will be added to my file within 3 business days...that was June 2nd. We have decision made since May 26th and will travel for my dad's commemorative ceremony on July 19th. No updates yet on our file.
I had a job offer from down south which I attached with the email.

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
Hello Everyone,

I requested urgent processing for my application 1.5 month ago, and today i got this email:

Good day XXXX XXXX,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding your request for urgent processing and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

• Download application forms and guides
  • Change of address
  • Check your application status
  • Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
Sincerely,

XXXXX

Agent #XXXX
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Any idea, what does this mean, is it a positive sign or its normal in every single urgent request case that emails are sent to responsible office ?

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I requested urgent processing for my application 1.5 month ago, and today i got this email:

Good day XXXX XXXX,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding your request for urgent processing and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

• Download application forms and guides
  • Change of address
  • Check your application status
  • Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
Sincerely,

XXXXX

Agent #XXXX
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Any idea, what does this mean, is it a positive sign or its normal in every single urgent request case that emails are sent to responsible office ?
It’s the standard response for every urgent request. Call them in a week’s time to check if your request has been accepted. They won’t provide you their decision through email.
Usually, if it’s accepted, you see updates on your profile on an expedited basis.