+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

FZ6

Jun 6, 2018
Hello everyone,
Guys here is my situation:
Applied June 2021
Got AOR: September 2021
Passed Test: March 21 2022.
Currently, Background Verification and Citizenship Test are completed rest In Progress.
In the meantime, I got a great offer from Amazon USA with a start date of the 25th of July. But to be able to accept it I need Canadian citizenship or else need H1B which is impossible in this situation. The website for the case of job says: apply for a job. It does not mention a Canadian job :) What do you think should I try to apply for "urgent processing"?
Lol I'm exactly in the same situation.
Applied on July 2021.
Passed the citizenship test on March 2022.
No other updates other than the test on my file.
Have offers from Amazon and other FAANG in the USA, and now waiting to become TN eligible by obtaining citizenship / passport.

FZ6

Jun 6, 2018
The H1B visa should be the employer's problem. All other things are personal choices and not urgent situations. IRCC will most likely reject your request. Besides you would make your intentions to leave Canada after you get your citizenship clear, which might affect your file. If I were you I would take the Toronto office option until I get my citizenship.
Just out of curiosity, is there an expectation to remain in Canada after obtaining citizenship? Obviously, there is an expectation / requirement to remain in Canada through out the PR timeline as it's officially declared / communicated, but I'm unaware of any requirements for after obtaining citizenship.

aormarch2018

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
I sent an UP request March 7, received this today. Does it mean anything? approved or not?

Good day (MY NAME)

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application to become a Canadian citizen (grant of citizenship) is still in process.

Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can't give accurate processing times for most types of applications. We're currently prioritizing applications from people who are exempt from travel restrictions.

We understand that this may be a difficult time for you and we are here to assist you by providing you with the information we have available at this time.

If you've already submitted an application to become a Canadian citizen (grant of citizenship), we invite you to visit our website to:

• Check your application status,
    • the Client Support Centre agents cannot give you more information than what is available in the Client Application Status tool,
  • See where we're at with :
    • sending the acknowledgement of reception letters,
      • the date posted on our website is updated weekly,
    • processing during the pandemic,
      • the date posted on our website is updated weekly,
      • it is determined by looking at the applications we recently made a final decision on,
      • we then calculate the average date that we received those applications.
If an application is complex, it may take us longer to process it. It will also take longer to process an application if we need you to submit extra documents.

Rest assured that we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible, and that you will be informed when a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

IRCC is working on giving you the most updated information as the situation evolves, and all our efforts are dedicated to answering your concerns. Our website is updated regularly as more information is made available.

Given these circumstances, we invite you to continue visiting our website regularly to receive up-to-date information as new announcements are made and to obtain information on travel restrictions and changes to our services that may affect you.

Furthermore, we can process applications for citizenship urgently in some cases.

If you feel that your situation may be considered urgent, we invite you to choose the type of application you would like to have processed urgently and follow the applicable instructions:

An officer will evaluate your request and determine if the application can be processed on an urgent basis.

*If you have already submitted an application for a search of citizenship records, to resume or to renounce your Canadian citizenship, when filling out the Web form, please:

• Select:
    • Citizenship from the drop down menu under Type of application/enquiry, and
    • Citizenship - Grant from the drop down menu under Type of application/enquiry (continued),
  • Include a detailed description of the required updates in the free-text box located under Your enquiry.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

x, agentxxx
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

agavaquf

Jun 5, 2021
Lol I'm exactly in the same situation.
Applied on July 2021.
Passed the citizenship test on March 2022.
No other updates other than the test on my file.
Have offers from Amazon and other FAANG in the USA, and now waiting to become TN eligible by obtaining citizenship / passport.
I feel you :) Well I will just wait. If it does not work, will apply next year. Weird part is there is huge salary difference between Canada and US offices. Or else I would never leave Toronto. Love this city

FZ6

Jun 6, 2018
I feel you :) Well I will just wait. If it does not work, will apply next year. Weird part is there is huge salary difference between Canada and US offices. Or else I would never leave Toronto. Love this city
Yes, agreed :)

Did you end up filing for urgent processing? Your regular application must be in its final stages now anyway?

JMG02

Mar 21, 2022
Finally, today we got our oath date for next week,but there’s no update in the new tracker and the ceremony is with niagara falls office, my question is we are travelling on May 17th, can i ask for an urgent pick up of the certificate so we can apply for the passport?( Me and My husband)?
Dossier:Mars 2020
AR: Sept 2020
BG: Janv 2021
Test: Janv 2022
DM: fevrier 2022
Urgent process: 30 Mars 2022
Oath email: April 25

agavaquf

Jun 5, 2021
Yes, agreed :)

Did you end up filing for urgent processing? Your regular application must be in its final stages now anyway?
No, I did not. It worries me that if I try it can result in a negative impact. As you said I am in the final phase. So I will just wait. My start date is 25th but I think I can push it for an additional month. Statistically (From data I gathered) 80percentile of the whole process is 344 days. So I am optimistic. When is you start date?

FZ6

Jun 6, 2018
No, I did not. It worries me that if I try it can result in a negative impact. As you said I am in the final phase. So I will just wait. My start date is 25th but I think I can push it for an additional month. Statistically (From data I gathered) 80percentile of the whole process is 344 days. So I am optimistic. When is you start date?
344 days - great to know. Almost there!
My start date is June 6th, and I will have to push it as well unfortunately.

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
Hi My company is providing the letter as below to help me expedite my UP, Please let me know my chances for below based on our forum's history.

You have been assigned as Service Delivery manager(SDM) to the USA Client ABC located in City, Texas based on your expertise in Cloud and Delivery management to help lead this project to a successful one for our company. The duration of this assignment is 3 years to start with and subject to extend. In this role, you will be performing below responsibilities.
  • list of responsibilties
As a SDM, You are directly responsible for supervising more than 18 team members, all located in USA. This role necessitate to be present with your team in person. Hence, Being physically present in the USA within the duration of this project(3 years) is paramount and critical for the successful implementation of this project.

In addition to your above mentioned project in USA, you are currently responsible for leading the Data and Analytics Competency in Canada to perform presale cum solution delivery for clients. In this role, You are required to meet customers in person when you make new proposals and to overlook the delivery of the projects.

Due to the nature of your job as both Deliver Leader of Canada and Service Delivery Manager of USA client, You will be required to travel frequently between Canada and USA to fulfil the responsibilities in both roles successfully.

Therefore, Obtaining Canadian citizenship as soon as possible will help facilitate your expected frequent travel between Canada and USA.

Reactions: FZ6

empatio

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Has anyone here applied for urgent processing in Montreal this year? How long did it take to hear back from them?

aormarch2018

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
IRCC under this new minister is messed up badly. Previously when a request was approved, you would receive the email. But now they send the email ( Your request has been forwarded to etc...) just because. It does not mean it is approved .

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
IRCC under this new minister is messed up badly. Previously when a request was approved, you would receive the email. But now they send the email ( Your request has been forwarded to etc...) just because. It does not mean it is approved .
Well I got a phone call directly from the citizenship officer whom I assume is assigned to my file, and she said no. :mad:

aormarch2018

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Well I got a phone call directly from the citizenship officer whom I assume is assigned to my file, and she said no. :mad:
She said Urgent Processing request not approved?
They need to transfer people from other useless ministries such as Environment and put them to work .
So much tax is wasted for our government employees.

Reactions: danlev991

danlev991

Jun 2, 2022
Hi guys! I'm new to the forum and have a quick question.

From the IRCC website, it seems the way to start an application with urgent processing is to apply on paper? Which one is faster to get a response for UP, online webform or paper?

I'm located in Canada if that's relevant.

Last edited:

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Hi guys! I'm new to the forum and have a quick question.

From the IRCC website, it seems the way to start an application with urgent processing is to apply on paper? Which one is faster to get a response for UP, online webform or paper?
Anything mailed to CPC-Sydney is processed faster than web forms nowadays.

Reactions: danlev991