+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

aormarch2018

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
I tried three times over the course of the last 18 months but the reasons did not meet IRCC's criteria for urgent processing. Unless you have any of the issues listed by them as reason for urgent processing, chances are your request will be denied.

The standard response is that the onus is on the applicant to have a valid PR and passport for travel while their citizenship application is in process. Approaching expiry of PR card and/or original passport are not reasons enough to qualify for urgent processing.
I have a valid reason too. Fingers crossed

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
How did you email them directly? Please let us know
Sent them a snail mail first addressed to the officer who had interviewed me. There was no response, but many months later, I saw on the ATIP notes that the letter had been received, noted, added to my paper file and request denied, but I wasn't informed.

About a year later I sent them an email using their common email address which I found on the forum here. They responded a week later, declining.

cic-CITY-citizenship@cic.gc.ca

CITY can be whichever office you want to write. That's the format they follow for emails.

I also submitted a webform which was answered a week after I took oath; asking me to confirm my full name before they can provide an update.

Reactions: aormarch2018

aormarch2018

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Sent them a snail mail first addressed to the officer who had interviewed me. There was no response, but many months later, I saw on the ATIP notes that the letter had been received, noted, added to my paper file and request denied, but I wasn't informed.

About a year later I sent them an email using their common email address which I found on the forum here. They responded a week later, declining.

cic-CITY-citizenship@cic.gc.ca

CITY can be whichever office you want to write. That's the format they follow for emails.

I also submitted a webform which was answered a week after I took oath; asking me to confirm my full name before they can provide an update.
Oh so we can send mail to them too?
So the email for Scarborough office would be : cic-scarborough-citizenship@cic.gc.ca
Thank you.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Oh so we can send mail to them too?
So the email for Scarborough office would be : cic-scarborough-citizenship@cic.gc.ca
Thank you.
I don't know if Scarborough office uses only Scarborough or not, but could be worth trying.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I was a 2018 applicant and wasn't seeing any progress on my application, so I wanted to explore any and every avenue that was open. A few posts higher up, someone called me as 'wasting resources' so whether you write to them or not, is entirely your call.

Going by the posts I see here, Scarborough and Mississauga offices are swamped and seem to have the biggest backlogs - I guess largely a function of the sheer volume of applicants from the these two offices.

aormarch2018

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
I don't know if Scarborough office uses only Scarborough or not, but could be worth trying.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I was a 2018 applicant and wasn't seeing any progress on my application, so I wanted to explore any and every avenue that was open. A few posts higher up, someone called me as 'wasting resources' so whether you write to them or not, is entirely your call.

Going by the posts I see here, Scarborough and Mississauga offices are swamped and seem to have the biggest backlogs - I guess largely a function of the sheer volume of applicants from the these two offices.
Well said, desperate times call for desperate measures. I think that guy has no idea what "wasting resources" means. I'm gonna try my chance. Thank you

Reactions: Jakev

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
If your urgent processing request was rejected, did you see a fake (ghost) update at the time it was rejected?

ELIZAG

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
Hi,

I have a question on urgent processing. Please can someone help me with which category I need to select. Is it citizenship or request for urgent of renewal.

Reactions: Metuwidy

Wiha21

Mar 27, 2022
I received this email from the agent who is working on my case. Does this mean they approve the urgent processing?

Good day (MY NAME STATED HERE),

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that the agent who responded to you on March 25, 2022, took the appropriate actions to follow up on your request.

Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can't give accurate processing times for most types of applications. Our ability to review and process applications is also being affected.

Rest assured that we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible, and that you will be informed when a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Garen, agent 4536
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

Zent

Mar 17, 2022
I received this email from the agent who is working on my case. Does this mean they approve the urgent processing?

Good day (MY NAME STATED HERE),

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that the agent who responded to you on March 25, 2022, took the appropriate actions to follow up on your request.

Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can't give accurate processing times for most types of applications. Our ability to review and process applications is also being affected.

Rest assured that we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible, and that you will be informed when a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Garen, agent 4536
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
Looks a good sign. Can you please detail you timeline of urgent request and responses?