+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

Turecanadian

Nov 13, 2022
Hi, does anyone know how many days before oath ceremony we get oath Email. Mine is on Jan 31st, not received invite email.
It can be from one week till 2 days before based on what I have read so far on different groups.
How much time it took for you after giving the test till getting the oath ? And whats your processing center?

ishah

Aug 9, 2022
Can someone please guide me about the procedure for urgent application? I submitted my citizenship application about 5 months ago. Do we need to show them a job offer that explicitly states citizenship or Security level II requirement or can we just apply even before the job offer i.e. based on our job application? Thanks

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
My application Status:

App Submitted: Jun 13
AOR: Jun 20,
Cit Test Completed : Sep 25
Cit test Updated: Sep 26
BG Completed : Oct 3
All Prohi, Lang, Phy Pres completed: Nov 16
Cit Ceremony In Progress Dec 13
Cit Ceremony Email received: Jan 17
Cit Ceremony Completed in Zoom: Jan 31
Confirmaion IRCC Officer, Certificate is mailed today on 02/01.

Anyone knows how long it takes to get certificate from Scarborough Post office to East York.

Senthil

eeedith

Star Member
Jan 10, 2023
Hi everyone
I have submitted my application in december 2022, i wonder would a job offer from US qualify for urgent processing? I would need the citizenship to get TN visa, but really im not sure the country is happy to speed up the process for me to "move" somewhere elese? I even feel they would reject the application in that case......

Anyone tried anything else worked? all in all i just need my citizenship asap....

m_t

Star Member
Jun 30, 2019
My application Status:

Anyone knows how long it takes to get certificate from Scarborough Post office to East York.

Senthil
@sentraj I didn’t receive any email confirming that they have mailed the certificate. Did you request for urgent processing for the certificate before the oath?

edit: I called ircc and they told me the certificate was mailed on Feb 1. But I haven’t received it yet. Hope it shows up in a couple days. I live very close to Scarborough lol

Last edited:

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
@sentraj I didn’t receive any email confirming that they have mailed the certificate. Did you request for urgent processing for the certificate before the oath?

edit: I called ircc and they told me the certificate was mailed on Feb 1. But I haven’t received it yet. Hope it shows up in a couple days. I live very close to Scarborough lol
Hi I hope you received certificate now

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
My application Status:

Senthil
Hi all , Update

Received certificate on Feb 3, noon.

Applied passport in person at Scarborough STC office on Feb 6 at 9 AM.

Received Passport on Feb 6 at 2 pm.

India E tourist visa applied on Feb 8, 10 pm

Received visa Feb 9 at 9 pm for 5 years multiple entry.

Regards
Senthil

m_t

Star Member
Jun 30, 2019
Hi all , Update

Received certificate on Feb 3, noon.

Applied passport in person at Scarborough STC office on Feb 6 at 9 AM.

Received Passport on Feb 6 at 2 pm.

India E tourist visa applied on Feb 8, 10 pm

Received visa Feb 9 at 9 pm for 5 years multiple entry.

Regards
Senthil
Hey, Congrats! That was fast processing for the passport. Did you apply for urgent pick-up?
And yes I received my certificate on the 6th, applied for my passport on the 7th, but just regular processing because I’m travelling in March so have enough time.

qwertyasdf

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well. I am a refugee and my original passport was seized when I entered Canada, so I don’t have any passports that allow me to travel. And I’ve been In canada for 10 years without exiting once because there was a lot of delay in my refugee claim hearing and stuff. If I explain this to ircc will they consider to process my applicatipn urgently? (Also, I sent the paper application Dec 15, 2022). It’s been really tough for me as I havent seen my family in 10 years because all of their visitor visa’s have been rejected AND I dont have one single passport that I can travel with. I would appreciate your replies and hope your applications get processed quickly .

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
I had some correspondence with IRCC (via email of Citizenship Scheduling Unit). Accordingly:
They confirmed that my Urgent Processing (UP) application has been approved, but they approved UP of only my file, not files of my dependents (my wife and my 2 minor children) although I am the principal applicant and we all applied as one family application package. I replied and asked to include my dependents to UP. They said they will look into it. Still waiting their response. In my understanding, if they approve UP of my dependents as well, then my wife will be invited to the test, too.
So, the best case scenario is that all 4 applications will be processed together as UP.
The worst case scenario would be my case will progress after I take the exam and pass. In that case, I will probably obtain citizenship before my family members which sucks.
Anybody who has experience with that?

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
I had some correspondence with IRCC (via email of Citizenship Scheduling Unit). Accordingly:
They confirmed that my Urgent Processing (UP) application has been approved, but they approved UP of only my file, not files of my dependents (my wife and my 2 minor children) although I am the principal applicant and we all applied as one family application package. I replied and asked to include my dependents to UP. They said they will look into it. Still waiting their response. In my understanding, if they approve UP of my dependents as well, then my wife will be invited to the test, too.
So, the best case scenario is that all 4 applications will be processed together as UP.
The worst case scenario would be my case will progress after I take the exam and pass. In that case, I will probably obtain citizenship before my family members which sucks.
Anybody who has experience with that?

After my email (asking IRCC to include her and our children to UP), I received an email response from an official in Halifax IRCC, saying "... we are currently working on your family’s application", and one day after we received this email the Citizenship Tracker account of my wife has been updated, and she was scheduled for the citizenship test.
Does it mean, she is now in UP as well?
How would you guys interpret this move?
What is your projection/thoughts about how our application processing would improve after we both pass the test?

Reactions: Wacky1.nash