+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT- PR spousal sponsorship paperwork returned

RyanD91

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
When you say "all the same paperwork", you should update anything that's changed - including address, jobs, activities, your status, etc.

Ok, thats what I figured.

Do I need to include an explanation for each change and do I need to send the notes they gave me regarding missing signatures etc?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ok, thats what I figured.

Do I need to include an explanation for each change and do I need to send the notes they gave me regarding missing signatures etc?
1) Up to you. If the change is self-explanatory like address change, probably not. On the others - depends whether there's something that needs to be explained.

2) Read the instructions you got when it was returned carefully. I believe it says clearly to include a copy of the letter returning your package to you.

RyanD91

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
1) Up to you. If the change is self-explanatory like address change, probably not. On the others - depends whether there's something that needs to be explained.

2) Read the instructions you got when it was returned carefully. I believe it says clearly to include a copy of the letter returning your package to you.
Ok, I dont think I will include explanation then . The changes are pretty straightforward. Change of address, change of legal status and things like that.

Yes I believe it did mention to return their letters with the package.

For payment, ill just include the same receipt no explanation needed?

I paid a biometrics fee a few months ago (did not give biometrics yet) will I have to pay again? Also for clarity- I am an American citizen, I could have swore I read somewhere that Americans didnt have to submit it. But I am applying inland. Thoughts?

Thanks for the help

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
For payment, ill just include the same receipt no explanation needed?

I paid a biometrics fee a few months ago (did not give biometrics yet) will I have to pay again? Also for clarity- I am an American citizen, I could have swore I read somewhere that Americans didnt have to submit it. But I am applying inland. Thoughts?
Yes, the same receipt.

Americans have to give biometrics for PR - all PR applicants must. (The tool to show this is badly designed and just shows a footnote as I recall that says this)

RyanD91

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
Yes, the same receipt.

Americans have to give biometrics for PR - all PR applicants must. (The tool to show this is badly designed and just shows a footnote as I recall that says this)
Alright, so will I need to pay the fee again, or is my prior biometrics receipt ok?

lacey

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
I am sponsoring my American husband and we had our March 2020 inland app returned October 2020. Resubbed December 2020. Double check the date on your FBI Identity history and your passport sized photos. We had to get both redone as both had expired and could not be used for the resubmission. Both were only valid for 6 months. As long as they receive your application before the expiry date you can use them still. Make sure to include the checklist they gave you detailing why your package was returned so the next agent can see this info as well. Good luck!!

Last edited:

RyanD91

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
I am sponsoring my American husband and we had our March 2020 inland app returned October 2020. Resubbed December 2020. Double check the date on your FBI Identity history and your passport sized photos. We had to get both redone as both had expired and could not be used for the resubmission. Both were only valid for 6 months. As long as they receive your application before the expiry date you can use them still. Make sure to include the checklist they gave you detailing why your package was returned so the next agent can see this info as well. Good luck!!
FBI identity history?

Im not sure what that is. I dont think I included it last time. I have never had any police record or anything and am only 29

RyanD91

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
I have also live in Canada since I was 21

lacey

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
I have also live in Canada since I was 21
Oh okay. You didn't need one then. One less thing to worry about! It's awful waiting for it!

RyanD91

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
Oh okay. You didn't need one then. One less thing to worry about! It's awful waiting for it!
Thanks alot!

One last thing-

Do my papers need to be in any specific order? When I sent them the first time they werent in the exact order as the checklist. I cant remember exactl how I ordered them .

Will it get returned again if they arent in a specific order and do you know of the best way that I should organize my package? (inland PR sponsorship spouse and OWP)

Thanks!

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
FBI identity history?

Im not sure what that is. I dont think I included it last time. I have never had any police record or anything and am only 29
Just going to drop this here, but since you lived the majority of your life in the US - i.e. born til 21 - you will need to submit a PCC for both Canada and the US, which is what the FBI history mentioned above would be. Whether you have a record or not is irrelevant here really, they will be requesting it from you at one point or another.

Reactions: AutumnSkies

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thanks alot!

One last thing-

Do my papers need to be in any specific order? When I sent them the first time they werent in the exact order as the checklist. I cant remember exactl how I ordered them .

Will it get returned again if they arent in a specific order and do you know of the best way that I should organize my package? (inland PR sponsorship spouse and OWP)

Thanks!
It doesn't specify an exact order apart from the checklist and bar code pages, I think it is common to arrange it in the order it is shown on the checklist.

Reactions: Idrissrafd

RyanD91

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
Just going to drop this here, but since you lived the majority of your life in the US - i.e. born til 21 - you will need to submit a PCC for both Canada and the US, which is what the FBI history mentioned above would be. Whether you have a record or not is irrelevant here really, they will be requesting it from you at one point or another.
Hi, maybe when you applied things were different? My application was looking for where ive lived most since the age of 18 as well as where I have lived for the past 6 months- both being Canada

It also states Canada will independently do a criminal background check on me as well.

RyanD91

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
Prior one will still be fine.

Hello again!

Since you were so much help last time, I had another question for you.

I am currently on implied status again both through a visitor visa pending as well as PR pending.

My passport expires in late October so most likely my visitor visa wont even be processed by the time my passport already expires (hence making the visitor visa null regardless)

I just sent out my papers to renew my passport yesterday via express method (estimated processing is 1-2 months)

I was wondering if there was any way of updating my paperwork for my visitor visa to reflect my new passport and change the dates of my stay? or would I have to file all new paperwork for a separate visa?

- Same question regarding my work permit thats attached to my PR application, also set to expire in October, and unlikely will it be processed by then.

Let me know!

Thanks