+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent PR Card Renewal

killborn

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
I am just wrapping up my (Urgent) PR Card renewal application and need to verify a few things:

1. I completed my detailed absence list, and though I have had many short trips I am still very far from not meeting the residency requirements. That said, for family vacations, is there any harm to just select "Other" vs the A/B/C option even when traveling with my wife? It reduces the amount of supporting documents needed. Including business trips 266 days outside of Canada.
2. I have selected option A for majority of my business travel. Can I confirm, all I need here is a letter of full-time employment from a Canadian company?
3. I am providing a supporting letter from my company explaining my need to travel internationally at short notice to support the urgent application and will book a trip to the USA to support this. Is this sufficient?
4. Other than getting my passport and PR card signed as certified copies, is there anything else I need to submit for a relatively straight forward renewal application? I live in Canada, travel occasionally for work, file and pay my taxes here. Nothing out of the ordinary.
5. I have my pictures
6. Have completed the Checklist
7. Will pay the fee and include receipt.

Yet I feel like I am missing something.