Feb 2, 2011
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADIAN EMBASSY-MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I thought I'd share my story:

So, yeah, I risked and tried sending an URGENT application for our PR Card renewal. It took the Case Processing Center exactly 5 days (from receipt of our application to mailing the PR cards back to me). I received them in the mail today.

My PR card and my son's expired last March 17th. I applied for renewal last March 13. I didn't apply right away since I didn't have any plans to leave Canada and we might apply for citizenship this year. But a few days after mailing my application, my 17 year old son came to me with the news that his dance team was invited to perform and compete in China on May 5th. It worried me because PR card renewal may take months to process. My last resort is to buy plane tickets, and risk applying for urgent renewal. If I don't get the pr cards on time, then I don't have any choice but to cancel my booking and pay the cancellation fees.

I tried to look online as to how long urgent processing would take, but I couldn't find any direct answers. Somehow this thread gave me hope: "Best way to renew your PR card" (Please look it up in this forum since I can't post links)

And I also talked to my travel agent about their experiences with clients needing urgent renewal of PR card. They said most of their clients get it in a month's time... so I have time!

Here's what I included in my urgent application (for both me and my son):

1. completely signed pr card renewal application
2. two passport size photos
3. photocopy of passport (colored pages)
4. photocopy of old passport (colored pages and the page with single entry Canadian Visa)
5. photocopy of landing paper
6. photocopy of expired pr card
7. photocopy of birth certificate of my son (since he is still under 18)
8. photocopy of school report cards of my son
9. copy of invitation from China
10. letter from my son's dance team director explaining my son's need to renew his pr card urgently
11. copy of my son's competition schedule in the city (to show that he needs to be back in Canada at a certain date)
12. copy of plane ticket and itinerary
13. cover letter (from me) explaining our situation

I mailed the application via courier (UPS), so I can track it. I put large label on the front and back of the envelope that says "URGENT! PROOF OF TRAVEL INCLUDED!"

I mailed it last MARCH 23, and here's what my online status says:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 27, 2017.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 28, 2017. (<-----They will email you, so don't forget to include your email in your application)
3. We started processing your application on March 28, 2017.
4. We sent you correspondence on March 28, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 31, 2017.

I received the renewed PR cards today (APRIL 6) in the mail, in two separate envelopes.

We were only out of Canada for 37 days, since we came here... I don't know if that helps in the processing.

And I think it also depends on the reason of urgency and the proof that you will provide. I have friends who applied for urgent processing, although they included travel docs but their reason is "family vacation", their pr card were processed for 3 months.

P.S.
I also included an express return envelop, thinking it will help me get the pr cards in the mail faster... but the Case Processing Center mailed it back to me! :p

toosi

Mar 12, 2018
I thought I'd share my story:

So, yeah, I risked and tried sending an URGENT application for our PR Card renewal. It took the Case Processing Center exactly 5 days (from receipt of our application to mailing the PR cards back to me). I received them in the mail today.

My PR card and my son's expired last March 17th. I applied for renewal last March 13. I didn't apply right away since I didn't have any plans to leave Canada and we might apply for citizenship this year. But a few days after mailing my application, my 17 year old son came to me with the news that his dance team was invited to perform and compete in China on May 5th. It worried me because PR card renewal may take months to process. My last resort is to buy plane tickets, and risk applying for urgent renewal. If I don't get the pr cards on time, then I don't have any choice but to cancel my booking and pay the cancellation fees.

I tried to look online as to how long urgent processing would take, but I couldn't find any direct answers. Somehow this thread gave me hope: "Best way to renew your PR card" (Please look it up in this forum since I can't post links)

And I also talked to my travel agent about their experiences with clients needing urgent renewal of PR card. They said most of their clients get it in a month's time... so I have time!

Here's what I included in my urgent application (for both me and my son):

1. completely signed pr card renewal application
2. two passport size photos
3. photocopy of passport (colored pages)
4. photocopy of old passport (colored pages and the page with single entry Canadian Visa)
5. photocopy of landing paper
6. photocopy of expired pr card
7. photocopy of birth certificate of my son (since he is still under 18)
8. photocopy of school report cards of my son
9. copy of invitation from China
10. letter from my son's dance team director explaining my son's need to renew his pr card urgently
11. copy of my son's competition schedule in the city (to show that he needs to be back in Canada at a certain date)
12. copy of plane ticket and itinerary
13. cover letter (from me) explaining our situation

I mailed the application via courier (UPS), so I can track it. I put large label on the front and back of the envelope that says "URGENT! PROOF OF TRAVEL INCLUDED!"

I mailed it last MARCH 23, and here's what my online status says:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 27, 2017.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 28, 2017. (<-----They will email you, so don't forget to include your email in your application)
3. We started processing your application on March 28, 2017.
4. We sent you correspondence on March 28, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 31, 2017.

I received the renewed PR cards today (APRIL 6) in the mail, in two separate envelopes.

We were only out of Canada for 37 days, since we came here... I don't know if that helps in the processing.

And I think it also depends on the reason of urgency and the proof that you will provide. I have friends who applied for urgent processing, although they included travel docs but their reason is "family vacation", their pr card were processed for 3 months.

P.S.
I also included an express return envelop, thinking it will help me get the pr cards in the mail faster... but the Case Processing Center mailed it back to me! :p
Hi, did the information on the portal was update per step?

kjneo

Jan 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2011
AOR Received.
letter received 13-06-2011
File Transfer...
19-04-2011
Passport Req..
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
soon..
Hello.. When did they email you? If they started processing your application on March 28, did you also received the email on March 28th?

Thanks!