+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent PR card processing /Travel Document New Delhi

rish1603

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Hello Guys,

I am an Indian national and currently working in Dublin, Ireland and recently secured my PR. To make an initial visit, I planned a small trip to Canada and landed into Vancouver on 8th Dec with my initial COPR. The officer at immigration applied for my PR Card over there and recorded my landing on same date.
As the officer told me that I will recive my PR card within 2 months now and in case if i need to travel outside Canada, i can get a travel document from Canadian Embassy in that country. So, today i returned back to Dublin to wrap up from here and then pay a visit to India to my parents before saying a goodbye to them for a long time.
1. Can I apply my travel document from Canadian Embassy in New Delhi? How long does it take to process it.
I am planning to go to Canada by mid of Feb 2016 now.

2. I have heard in these cases if i mail to CIC they can expedite my process for PR card and the person who will receive my PR card at his address can courier me my PR card to India and then I can enter hassle free.

What will be the best option as I'm not so sure about second option. Please advise me about the best way to get around it.

PS - The canadian Embassy in Dublin doesn't deal with travel documents or related matters. They refer everything in London, but i need to courier my passport to London first and then get it back which i really don't want to get into.

Thanks.

Pjk1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO-->WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9 Dec 2014
Nomination.....
25 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
11 Apr 2015
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
11 Apr 2015
Med's Request
10 May 2015
Med's Done....
01 Jun 2015,TLU -10 JUN 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 jul 2015
VISA ISSUED...
30 jul 2015
Hello,
I am in similar situation as yours. I landed on NOv 8 and is waiting for PR Card. However I need to take a short vacation on Dec 30 till Jan 15. I called and emialed CIC, asking for urgent processing of PR Card, and got a reply that urgent processing of PR card cannot be done.

So option is to apply for a PR Travel Document as soon as I reach back to India. Even I am not sure how long it will take to issue the PRTD. I am going on 2 weeks vacation and is really worried about getting PRTD by Jan 15.

If any one has applied for PRTD in India recenltly, please share the processing time taken.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Apply TD thro VFS India, processing time around 2 weeks.

rish1603

Star Member
May 22, 2015
I called up, VFS today and they told me that it takes around 10 working days to process Travel document. So, I might apply one of these now.

rish1603

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Hello Guys,

I am just updating you on my Travel document. I applied through VFS chandigarh and got my travel document done in 3 days only with my passport back to me at my home address on 4th day.
Although, it all depends on case to case basis what the VFS guys told me, but usually most of them are processed within 10 working days. So, good luck with your application.

Documentation attached:-
1. COPR or proof of landing or any other relevant proof
2. Travel document application form
3. 2 photographs
4. VFS consent form which you will get at VFS counter only
5. Family application form which also will be filled at VFS counter
6. Document checklist again at VFS counter.
7. Fees around some 3600 INR.

I think that's all.

Good luck with your application.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Is it valid for 6 months and multi entry?

tahmid123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
2133 (Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rish1603 said:
Hello Guys,

I am just updating you on my Travel document. I applied through VFS chandigarh and got my travel document done in 3 days only with my passport back to me at my home address on 4th day.
Although, it all depends on case to case basis what the VFS guys told me, but usually most of them are processed within 10 working days. So, good luck with your application.

Documentation attached:-
1. COPR or proof of landing or any other relevant proof
2. Travel document application form
3. 2 photographs
4. VFS consent form which you will get at VFS counter only
5. Family application form which also will be filled at VFS counter
6. Document checklist again at VFS counter.
7. Fees around some 3600 INR.

I think that's all.

Good luck with your application.
is there any possibility, they can reject my application for PRTA

sagarsa

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
26-11-2014
IELTS Request
Second line update : 17th Jan 2015
File Transfer...
Started Processing : 14th Jan 2015
Med's Request
20th Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Feb Starting...
Passport Req..
13th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26th March 2015
ttrajan said:
Any idea about average processing time for travel document? How long does it take to process if applied from Ahmedabad?

sagarsa

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
26-11-2014
IELTS Request
Second line update : 17th Jan 2015
File Transfer...
Started Processing : 14th Jan 2015
Med's Request
20th Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Feb Starting...
Passport Req..
13th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26th March 2015
Thanks, any pointers if we need to book appointment or not? Could not find any information on website. Seems like it's a walk in process for submitting application.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Yes walk-in to any VFS office.

ks70207

Feb 13, 2016
pls somebody help,its my ist post on this forum
my pr card is expired so i already applied for renew, but i have to travel to india now,so ineed to apply for aPRTD,can some one please let me know which document i have to bring with me to india,so i can apply for prtd, how long its gonna take
pls help me,i m so confused,

ks70207

Feb 13, 2016
hi friendas,plss somebody help to suggest me.i want to go india but my pr card is expired,i want to apply for prtd from Punjab,can someone pls tell me which documents I have to bring with me to apply for a prtd,and how long it gonna take to get prtd if I apply fron Jalandhar or chandigarh,
u need to tell the reason why u have to travel
I really really apriciated
thanks a lot.