+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent PR card !!! need Help Plzzz

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Hi,

Wondering if one can apply for pr card urgently at airport at the time of entry. Is it possible to request immigration officer to get PR processed a bit quicker and provide him the return ticket and proof of purchase ? or it is just for renewals??

thanks in advance

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
syedd said:
Hi,

Wondering if one can apply for pr card urgently at airport at the time of entry. Is it possible to request immigration officer to get PR processed a bit quicker and provide him the return ticket and proof of purchase ? or it is just for renewals??

thanks in advance
Are you a permanent resident already and you lost your card? Or are you asking if you can get some kind of temporary visa when you land?

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
well i m spouse coming to Canada for the first time. I have some commitments back home for which i would have to leave Canada within four weeks.

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
syedd said:
well i m spouse coming to Canada for the first time. I have some commitments back home for which i would have to leave Canada within four weeks.

So... you have been approved for permanent residency or you are just a spouse coming to Canada with no actual Visa? People arent answering you because they dont quite have enough information to give you any answers!

Let us know.

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
yes mate i have been approved for a spouse visa and soon landing to toronto airport.

cheers for your replies

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
When you land you will need to give a Canadian address where your PR card will be mailed. After you land you are free to leave Canada. If you need the PR card to re-enter Canada after landing, someone will need to mail it to you from Canada. If you are from a visa exempt country you may be able to re-enter without it, but I'm not sure about that. The issuance of PR cards is running over 30 days now for most people. There is not a way to get one at the airport.

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Thanks for your reply.

What if i show a return ticket and proof of payment at airport.? would it help like it does in PR renewals ? Basically i would need to come back home country within 4 weeks after arrival.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
I'm not sure what having a return ticket and proof of payment (payment for what?) have to do with it. Maybe I am missing something. They are going to mail your PR card to an address in Canada. You are free to leave after you land. You do not have to remain in Canada once you land.

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
We went through the exact same thing with ours. My husband returned back as planned then I couriered the PR card before he returned.

We were told by someone at the airport to be sure we kept our COPR just in case we did not get the PR card in time. It's clearly not an ideal situation to not have it, but they can check records and such... it just may cause a delay at the airport hen you return.

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Thanks AllisonVSC for your reply.

At the time of renewal you can send a travel ticket and a proof of purchase of a ticket to expedite the process. My question is can a new comer coming to Canada can also show a travel ticket (for home country) and proof of payment of ticket at the airport to expedite the process to get his PR before the travel date.

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
Unfortunately having a return ticket will not expedite the process. 1st PR cards are issued automatically and it will be delivered in the mail between 4 and 7 weeks after you "land" to the address in Canada that you give them. It is possible to delay receiving it (by not having an address in Canada to have it sent to) but not to get it done quicker if it is your 1st PR card.

You can leave without it and, as a previous poster indicated, if you are from a visa free country (i.e. UK or similar) you should be able to enter on your passport alone when you return. Keep your COPR in your passport for your return and get your SIN card application done whilst you are here - they will issue you with your number which again is proof of your residency.

You can apply from your country of residence for a travel document (see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp ) if you are not from a visa-free country.

Hope that helps - and that your "landing" is a good one :D

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Hi Syedd,
Sorry I didn't get back to you. I went off to watch US v England World Cup match with some Americans here in Toronto. Hope you got the answer you need. Allison