+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent PR Card issue

Apr 4, 2019
Hi,

I have 9 months validity left on my PR Card (expires in September 2024). I want to enter Canada again next month however there is no way I will be meeting my residency obligation as I have only spent one month in Canada between Sep 2019 and now. Will i be allowed to enter?

Another question is, since there is an automated scanning kiosk system for PR holders to enter Canada now - how will the immigration officer be flagged that I am entering with no chance of meeting my RO? I believe I simply need to scan my PR Card and then enter Canada?

Appreciate the guidance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I have 9 months validity left on my PR Card (expires in September 2024). I want to enter Canada again next month however there is no way I will be meeting my residency obligation as I have only spent one month in Canada between Sep 2019 and now. Will i be allowed to enter?

Another question is, since there is an automated scanning kiosk system for PR holders to enter Canada now - how will the immigration officer be flagged that I am entering with no chance of meeting my RO? I believe I simply need to scan my PR Card and then enter Canada?

Appreciate the guidance
Of course you will be allowed to enter. Your PR doesn’t expire until September. Kiosks will flag you but meeting RO is not a reason since your PR card is allowed.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Appreciate the guidance
You scan your PR Card and then proceed to the exit, where a CBSA will take your receipt from the PIK machine. Unless you find an X on the receipt, you may not have to answer a single question by the officer. :)