+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent !! POST GRAD WORK PERMIT Refused.

Jeegaar

Jun 1, 2017
Hi All,

I require your immediate guidance/suggestions/help in this matter.

I have done Masters in Biotechnology from University of Toronto and I finished in December 2016. My study permit was valid till 31st December. I had first applied for PGWP on 4th January 2017 after receiving the degree completion letter from the University. My PGWP got rejected because I had applied four days after my study permit expired. I agree that it was my mistake that I overlooked the rules for applying, but the fact that I was unable to obtain degree completion letter as University was closed during the Christmas week cannot be ignored.
After that, I applied for restoration of my student status and then after returning to Canada, I applied for the post grad work permit again. The whole process from refusal of work permit for the first time, restoration of student status and then getting temporary resident Visa took around 3 months.
Today, I got the refusal letter from CIC and the reason they gave was that I exceeded the 90 day limit. They also stated that I should apply again.
My student status is expiring on 5th June and I am really worried and clueless about what I should do next.
What are my options to extemdy stay ?
I look forward to your comments.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
well, I don't know, it looks like you're out of luck. I would consult an immigration lawyer at this point.

kmi85

Jul 11, 2017
Hi All,

I require your immediate guidance/suggestions/help in this matter.

I have done Masters in Biotechnology from University of Toronto and I finished in December 2016. My study permit was valid till 31st December. I had first applied for PGWP on 4th January 2017 after receiving the degree completion letter from the University. My PGWP got rejected because I had applied four days after my study permit expired. I agree that it was my mistake that I overlooked the rules for applying, but the fact that I was unable to obtain degree completion letter as University was closed during the Christmas week cannot be ignored.
After that, I applied for restoration of my student status and then after returning to Canada, I applied for the post grad work permit again. The whole process from refusal of work permit for the first time, restoration of student status and then getting temporary resident Visa took around 3 months.
Today, I got the refusal letter from CIC and the reason they gave was that I exceeded the 90 day limit. They also stated that I should apply again.
My student status is expiring on 5th June and I am really worried and clueless about what I should do next.
What are my options to extemdy stay ?
I look forward to your comments.
Hello. Sorry to hear about that. I am currently in the same situation. How did you appllysuccesfully for s student restoration if you had graduated? And what do you mean after returning to Canada, as you can only apply for restoration within Canada? Also, did ypu apply as well for a new study permit , and if so how did you get the school to issue you a letter of enrollment extension?

Jeegaar

Jun 1, 2017
Hello. Sorry to hear about that. I am currently in the same situation. How did you appllysuccesfully for s student restoration if you had graduated? And what do you mean after returning to Canada, as you can only apply for restoration within Canada? Also, did ypu apply as well for a new study permit , and if so how did you get the school to issue you a letter of enrollment extension?
I was awaiting for my degree convocation, so I got study permit extension. Your case might be different !
Did you graduate from a college which was not recognized? In that case, you have to enroll again in a recognized school to be eligible for PGWP.

babatunf

Jul 26, 2017
hi all
pls I graduate graduated from the university of Windsor meng ,but I had withrew in one course in the summer while registers for two but I still went on to finish my program.i want to apply for pgwp.i am scared of if I would be rejected.