+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Plz Help...Sending Passports...What if they struck in security check

AH

Mar 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends...

I have finally decided to send passports through one of my very close relative. We were calculating all the scenarios as they know its not safe to travel with others passport.

1. What happens if they were stopped during the security check in India?

or

2. What happens when they were stopped at immigration in USA ?

3. What should they say? is there any way out ...how to get out safe...

Please advise...if anyone has same experience.

Regards,
Ah

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
Please share your experience once you have sent your passports.

I am sure your passports will reach your destination safely

cheers!

Mpadhya

Star Member
Dec 18, 2009
@AH

Hi it is not at all safe to send your passport via courier or with somebody...... it is dangerous....... if they are caught then, your passport can be seized or cancelled..... You are inviting trouble, in my opinion... i am scaring you but,,, i feel this........

Secondly, if you must send your passport with your relative,,, please do make sure to give them an authority letter signed by you where in your all the contact details are mentioned so that the security person can call you for clarification... so that they may also not be any trouble

rgds,

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
Hi,

We have done our medicals and are expecting a passport request. However, 2 days back, my wife and children left for India, I live in Dubai. if we get a passport request, I plan to travel to India, collect it, and bring it to dubai. For children, I am the father and for spouse I will have a written consent from her. I called the Indian Consulate in Dubai and asked a Vice Counsel on the matter. She told me people do that and the law is silent on the issue. However, I told her I want the answer in writing as I will hold it against her if there is a problem and seh send me a reply saying NO :). I am still going to risk that because I am the father and Husband. However, with regards to yoour freind, under all circumstances, give them a written consent or better still notarize the consent. Even if you do all of that, technically, it is not legal, but as the Vice Counsel said, a lot of people do that.

AH

Mar 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Everyone...I have to take this risk as there is no other option....

I guess so many people do that and no body go into the trouble as yet or not share their experience on this forum.

I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Regards,
Ah