+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT PLEASE REPLY ASAP

meNew1

Star Member
Dec 3, 2010
Hi Friends,
I have just recently graduated with a pg certification in International Business management. I know somebody in ontario who has over 10 permanent employees and have an annual income of more than 10 million CAD. Now he can offer me job but not related to my field so if I do some low end job (which will be unrelated to my field) which offcourse would not be a part of NOC O A B category, and this employer of mine gives me a letter of employment. Then based on that low end job job (may be a waiter or stuff as the guy owns a banquet hall) can i get my work visa extended (presently I will only be eligible for i think 1 year work visa coz my course duration was 1 year). Please reply asap as I have to talk to that known person on saturday and tell him whether I am ready to work at d low end job which he will offer me.

All inputs are appreciated. Thanks people

Vishut

Star Member
Apr 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC/New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-12-2015
File Transfer...
31 Dec 2015/IP on 9 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
June 2015
HI,

It depends on you what you want to do.Are you intersted in extending your work permit only or you want to appply for immigration in future.If you want to apply for immigration you need to have 2 years of work experience in NOC O,A,B (for CEC). Some employers will give you letter of employemnt with NOC B but will pay you less wages.It all dpends on you what you want to do. If you are looking for immigrating to Canada then i would suggest you should try for Provinicial Nominee Program (Manitoba, Halifax) which will help in getting PR.

If you havent applied for your workpermit i would also suggest to enrol in course which will give you 2 years diploma (take the credits of this diploma n enrol in similar course) which will get you 3 years work permit.

I have couple of friends who went and going through same sitution and its becomes very complicated to extend the work permit. Dont forget there is no gurantee that the work permit will get extended.(you are taliking about extending work permit after 1 year, what if rule changes, employer pulls out his hand saying economic condition is not good) Its always better to take safe route if you are thinking of immigration to Canada.

I am giving this advice cause i have seen my froiend going hrugh lot of trouble, frustration and pain just to get their work permit extended.

Let me know if you need any other information.

meNew1

Star Member
Dec 3, 2010
Hi Vishut
Thanks a ton bro for ur immediate response. My purpose is to get a canadian PR and i understand enrolling for some other course. unfortunately I lack financial resources to do the same. Now this guy who is offering me a job is a relative and he actually is creating that low profile post for me (coz may b for some reasons he does not or cannot give me a job of some managerial position in his banquet hall). Anyhow d favour which he is doing still is worth mentioning. Kindly clarify brother

1.Now Vishut tell me 1 thing if i start working in that low end job (which is not under NOC O A B )and den based on this job offer can i get my work permit extended if yes then i plan to get it extended n den once i have done that i can apply for PR on d point based system which i think i wud b easily able to get and d very fact that i have an arranged employment will help me get 10 additional points. whats your take on this bro?

2.I am also considering moving to some other province- I have 3 options in my mind u rightly said Manitoba n Nova scotia and the third one which i m considering right now is Alberta. which province and why do u think i should go for if decide to choose this option?

3. Now my study visa is expiring this Th august 2012 so i already have applied for study permit extension which i will hopefully get for November 2012 as i wish to attend my convocation in Ontario before i go somewhere else. So brother could you tell me one thing many of my friends have already applied for an off campus work permit so that they can apply for SIN and can utilize these 3 months to work on that SIN. But do u think that's something legal because ideally our course is over on 24th of august so we were no longer students so how can they actually apply and work on an off campus permit full time when they already have graduated irrespective of the fact that their study visa is expiring in November. Those friends of mine intend to work on dat off campus permit till mid of October n then apply for work permit which they will get in 40 days from den so ideally dey get to work extra for these 3 months full time. Do u think it is legally allowed to do so? These friends also have friends who actually have done the same thing and now also comfortably have d PR card in thir pockets

Thanks bro once again

Vishut

Star Member
Apr 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC/New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-12-2015
File Transfer...
31 Dec 2015/IP on 9 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
June 2015
Your welcome my friend..
1. You won't be able to apply for FSW on the work experience which you will gain at banquet hall.you need to
Have work experience in NOC O,A,B. secondly, the waiting period for federal class immigration is around 2 years now so your are talking about around 3-4 years to get PR without guarantee. I hope this clarify your query.

2. For Halifax you need to have job in your field of education n letter from employer for full time job.Foe
Manitoba you can work anywhere for 6 months n then apply.
Saskawtchen you have work 1 year to become eligible to
Apply for PNP.

3. Your friends are correct.

You have to decide which option is suitable for you do your own research before taking any decision .if you know any student already in Manitoba n Halifax contact them if you decide to take 1 year of work permit.also make sure if you are moving to another province you go there before your work permit starts That will give you more time in hand.

I hope answered your questions..